• Formentor members, we are testing a new feature requiring selection of a model year when posting - more info here
  • Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Model Year 20/21 New rim question

Naxterra

Apr 10, 2022
Germany
Hello

My sommer tyres were a bit damaged and I am thinking about getting new tyres, and while doing that I am also thinking about buying new rims. Cupra's original rims cost an arm and leg, plus a kidney, so I wonder if it would be a good idea to buy rims from 3rd party. I checked reifen.com and RC Design RC32 and RC34 looked nice to me. Do you know if it is a good idea to buy them? This will be my first time buying a complete wheel set, so I am pretty much inexperienced here.

More questions :)
Will there be a performance difference between these ones and Cupra's original rims?
What is the difference between RC32 and RC34? Just color or durability and performance are different?
Which tyres should I get? I am driving mostly on Autobahn, and I wasn't happy with my Bridgestone Turanza 5 (original tyres from Cupra). and these Pirelli Zero PZ4 Sport, Bridgestone Turanza 6 and Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersport looks ok, but I am not sure they will be good for the rims and car.

Any other recommendations are also welcome.

I have 2021 Formentor VZ 1.4 e-Hybrid

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise