New RaidHP Maxflow Filter...

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
Well it's arrived, and in like 3 days!

I have the day off tomorrow, so I have a feeling I'll be buried under the bonet pulling things off left right & centre...if I'm really lucky my Forge DV will arrive today or 2mrw, so I can do that @ the same time :D

Wish me luck...

PS - If anyone has any pointers outside of the supplied fitting instructions they will all be greatly received!

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
Now why couldn't I find that...I spent most of yesterday looking around for exactly that.

I'd like to nominate myself for a :ban:

Last edited:

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
After reading the aboe guide...plus the destructioins that came in the box, it is now fitted...had to "adapt" the support arm that came with the kit, as it wasn't quite to my liking, but all in all a dead easy job!

Thanks again to DPJ to pointing me in the right direction.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
After reading the aboe guide...plus the destructioins that came in the box, it is now fitted...had to "adapt" the support arm that came with the kit, as it wasn't quite to my liking, but all in all a dead easy job!

Thanks again to DPJ to pointing me in the right direction.

:)
I personally dislike the bracket that goes from the battery tray to the MAF - I think it transmits body shocks to the MAF too easily. I run without it, although I have a Forge TIP which supports the MAF end well.

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
:)
I personally dislike the bracket that goes from the battery tray to the MAF - I think it transmits body shocks to the MAF too easily. I run without it, although I have a Forge TIP which supports the MAF end well.

Similar thoughts...

Wonder what I might be buying next then...

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Dave slightly off topic, but all to do with air flow, in your experience do you think that the air flow from the fog light would be greater than that of the Scoop mounted on the Grill. !

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
I think a large area scoop feeding a CAI would pay dividends. If you do the maths, I think you'll find the engine is sucking air in a large CAI at all speeds. A CAI pipe alone isn't going to give much help to that - but a scoop would. I was considering making one to go in my lower skirt......

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Ive bought Warrens Super Copa Scoop, and im thinking about chanelling the pipe from that into the existing feed going down to the foglight.

Ive also got someone replicating the design and it will hopefully be available to the masses very soon.....;)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.