• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

New member with a VZ2 Formentor launch edition

Nov 21, 2021
Hi. I got my Formentor at the start of August after a permanent move from the UK to Spain in July. I'd researched various car possibilities for some time but the design of the Formentor appealed to me and, whilst not a petrol head, I've tended to go for something outside the mainstream when I can. My last 2 cars were a Tesla Model 3 Performance and Tesla Model S before that. Other cars included an Alfa GTV and then a V6 Alfa 156 - both of which I loved and a bonkers Fiat Stilo Arbarth for a while.

Had planned to go for the hybrid Formentor and took 1 for a test drive but the chip shortage pushed the timeline out from an initial 4 weeks to 6 months so I went with the 310 in the showroom, compromising my eco credentials :) I will go back to a full BEV in the next couple of years once the charging infrastructure matures here in Spain but I just didn't feel confident at this point.

Am enjoying the Formentor but, after 5 years in electric vehicles, not enjoying the long forgotten trips to the petrol pumps! A few niggles with the software so far and it's going back again for suspension issues, but other than that it's great to drive on some of the very well maintained windy roads here.

Nov 21, 2021
Hi. Within 2 or 3 weeks of collecting the car I’d get a lot of clunking from the front of the car when turning on full lock and also juddering through the steering wheel on gradual breaking.

I took it back to the dealer and of course the clunking didn’t happen that day! They put it up on the ramp and carried out a quick visual inspection but couldn’t see anything. They told me to monitor in different situations. The comment at the time was that it sounded more like suspension than steering and I’m about to book it in again.
can i ask what suspension issue you have ?

Lecatona HPFP (High-pressure Fuel Pump Upgrades)