New member, long-time Leon owner...

Aug 7, 2024
Evening all,

I got my first Leon 1.6 TDi in 2013 after having owned a Skoda Fabia for the previous 8 years. It gave me 11 years or relatively trouble-free motoring but having chewed its fuel system at Christmas 2023 (nice timing!) and then being advised it was likely to need a new clutch very soon after 172+k miles, I decided to invest potential repair bill money in a newer one that would see me through a few more years.

I'm now getting used to driving a 2.0 TDI SE Dynamic (115) from March 21 (believe termed a Mark4) and although it's a nicer, quieter car with a bit more grunt, I'm not a fan of the total Infotainment screen driven control systems as I'm a bit old-skool and like to have buttons, dials and switches to control things - saves taking my eyes off the road for too long and all that stuff if you know where they are!

Got a few more general questions which I'll post in the correct section as I've spent most of the day on here searching for answers with great success (don't tell the boss, he thinks I was hard at work typing up reports).

Cheers!
Dave

Reactions: Syphon

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Evening all,

I got my first Leon 1.6 TDi in 2013 after having owned a Skoda Fabia for the previous 8 years. It gave me 11 years or relatively trouble-free motoring but having chewed its fuel system at Christmas 2023 (nice timing!) and then being advised it was likely to need a new clutch very soon after 172+k miles, I decided to invest potential repair bill money in a newer one that would see me through a few more years.

I'm now getting used to driving a 2.0 TDI SE Dynamic (115) from March 21 (believe termed a Mark4) and although it's a nicer, quieter car with a bit more grunt, I'm not a fan of the total Infotainment screen driven control systems as I'm a bit old-skool and like to have buttons, dials and switches to control things - saves taking my eyes off the road for too long and all that stuff if you know where they are!

Got a few more general questions which I'll post in the correct section as I've spent most of the day on here searching for answers with great success (don't tell the boss, he thinks I was hard at work typing up reports).

Cheers!
Dave
Welcome to SCN, I'm with you on the infotainment driven menus and not enough physical buttons. But I would add that once you get it all set up and have all the info showing on the display that you want, it's not so bad. You soon get used to doing a few pre drive menu presses before you are off, just like an airline pilot I suppose.:):)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.