sweet1

thinking of getting new exhaust system,from cat back?or including sports cat? any recommendations?is there a good power increase.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
From now on in your car the increases v's cost is minimal.
Depends what you want but if it's noticeably more power/torque look into a new turbo with supporting mods

sweet1

prospeed/longlife

has anybody used prospeed in cardiff for a new exhaust hi flow cat,seem like a good company,any reviews?also any reviews for longlife company various locations,coset to me is bristol

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
they are awesome,never heard a bad thing about the guys there other than when there was one guy who was hired who was lazy with his welding,but all problems sorted asap.they are massive on cliosport

S3 Nattie

Sep 10, 2009
I started 2 threads on different forums and everyone all recommended prospeed. When down their myself about 2 weeks ago to price up a full 3" turbo back system £600. Charlie (Owner) is a very nice knowledgeable guy.

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
if you mention sw-cc or superior rides you get a discount off charlie ,

as for long life not sure went there years ago and was too expensive compared to others , and my mate who had his done was back and forehaving it rea adjusted , and welded back up etc

superflygti

Pro-speed in cardiff is awesome, and charlie is a top bloke and knows his stuff. I got a full downpipe back system made by him from my 300bhp Audi s2. Sounds great, looks great, massively improved the turbo spool and top end pull. The welding is ART!!!

Only thing to say though, it will take him twice as long as he tells you it will!! He has a habit of being a bit of a perfectionist, and also has trouble with people turning up and springing jobs on him. Its no bad thing but worth bearing in mind as he may well say it will take him half a day to do, but will prob take him all day.

The price for his work is amazing! The stainless is top notch and he makes all the silencers from scratch and they flow very well!

S3 Nattie

Sep 10, 2009
Pro-speed in cardiff is awesome, and charlie is a top bloke and knows his stuff. I got a full downpipe back system made by him from my 300bhp Audi s2. Sounds great, looks great, massively improved the turbo spool and top end pull. The welding is ART!!!

Only thing to say though, it will take him twice as long as he tells you it will!! He has a habit of being a bit of a perfectionist, and also has trouble with people turning up and springing jobs on him. Its no bad thing but worth bearing in mind as he may well say it will take him half a day to do, but will prob take him all day.

The price for his work is amazing! The stainless is top notch and he makes all the silencers from scratch and they flow very well!

What size system you go for as im inbetween a 3" and 2.5" for a stage 2 map. What price did he charge you if you dont mind.

sweet1

turbo downpipe

is it worth getting the turbo downpipe done at same time as having sport cat and complete system done,good gains and smoother turbo?

wilky87

Apr 11, 2009
Yes, you will get massive gains, turbo spool, smoother power delivery, I'm just saving for my downpipe and de-cat, I opted for decat cps I don't mind jacking her up once a year

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
You have a 180 LC? is the sports cat not part of the downpipe?

It is on all the ones I've seen unless you've just bough the actual cat itself?

sweet1

full exhaust system

im booked in next sat with longlife for a new full exhaust system,turbo downpipe,sport cat and back to tailpipe,has anyone had work done by longlife?rated?

sweet1

new system on sat

looking forward to getting my new exhaust done on sat,275 tdp,hi floe cat,back to a 6x4 oval.think i will be liking the drive home::clap:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.