New car! Cupra 180

mr2-andy

ok after posting on here about peeps opinions on the cupra I decided to bite the bullet and buy one. well I pick it up today in emocion red, it is a 54 plate with 5k miles on so feels as good as new.Its in mint condition with no marks what so ever. Im absoltely chuffed to bits with it and it exceeds all my expectations, first of all it is a rocket my previous car before the mr2 with a 2000 subaru impreza classic and I can honestly say it is as quick as this car which was a nice surprize, I expect it would be lethal with a remap (thats to come) Now onto the handling, well I had limited expections on this from what people say on here but again I am very pleased with it albeit very bumpy and firm but I can live with this, I had a clio 172 and definately think it would give it a run for its money on the twisties and I think on B roads would be far quicker point to point. The interior is nice and comfy but I think some proper recaros would have gone down a treat as it is a bit bland in comparison to its rivals. The last thing is the looks, in my opinion I think it looks best in the colour, the wheels are just awesome and it is a real eye catcher. All in all I think it is a very rare understated car which is very unique. I cant stop driving it. top car.:)

T. Spark

Red is the best colour isnt it :D

Id also say REMAP! I tried turning mine off so I could get the grin factor again after switching it back on, but didnt last more than 2 days, car delt poo without the remap, like the turbo wasnt working!

Best mod ive done to the car :D

Enjoy!

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
yes they are quick, sod the remap for the moment though, go get a turbo back non-resonated Milltek for pure aural pleasure and pops and bangs, , when you get used to it, then go get a remap, .

Although i must disagrea about the handling, there ok, but not up with some of the competitors.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
nice 1 m8 many happy years of driving2 come remap does make a huge diffrence but get used to the car as it is then ul appreciate the remap that bit more! :D

P.S get sum pics up of the beast!

Cupra_Jay

Orange Wheels FTW!!
Oct 25, 2006
Pub!!
i have one of these aswell, and love every minute of driving it! cant really say much for handling as my previous car was a 1.1 saxo and rocked more than a boat in a storm! so i find the handling to be pretty good in my ibiza, no complaints yet.

iancupra - where did you get your remap done? whats it running now? thought they where more than £400. am looking at getting a remap done to it soon.

Cupra_Jay

Orange Wheels FTW!!
Oct 25, 2006
Pub!!
thought they where more than that, might be getting one sooner than i thought then! washoping they would be above 200bhp!

bill (badger5) works for custom code doesnt he?

redcupratdi

Offical SCN Pole Dancer
Oct 13, 2005
cambridge
yes they are quick, sod the remap for the moment though, go get a turbo back non-resonated Milltek for pure aural pleasure and pops and bangs, , when you get used to it, then go get a remap, .

Although i must disagrea about the handling, there ok, but not up with some of the competitors.

once you know how to handle it, it's awesome,

gazjones

get all the goodies like exhaust and remap and go stage two then you get 236 bhp! with pops and bangs and anoyed next door neighbours

Cupra_Jay

Orange Wheels FTW!!
Oct 25, 2006
Pub!!
how much does the stage 2 cost and can you get it straight away or do you have to do stage 1 then go for stage 2?

gazjones

stage two is 50 quid more along with 4 bar fpr if its revo and induction and exhaust! cant do it with out them but you dont need to go stage on first
but it is better as you get another up in power to keep you happy after stage one!

mr2-andy

the pics

ok cleaned the car today and waxed up with meg's tech wax. really chuffed!
49ibkpf.jpg

2hholud.jpg

2agnbev.jpg

4d7csud.jpg

2n7jb6a.jpg

4d3usts.jpg

T. Spark

Very nice m8! Suits red very well!!

So, other than a remap, what other plans do you have!?

mr2-andy

haven't really decided, if money permits I would like to go stage 2 but I would have to declare on insurance then and fear it would go sky high. Im also worried about the mpg as I do a fair few miles. what mpg do peeps get with the revo remap, I guess if the car was driven normally the figure wouldn't change from the standard car i.e. 35mpg average.

Cupra_Jay

Orange Wheels FTW!!
Oct 25, 2006
Pub!!
very nice mate, do like it in red. was one of the colours i would have liked mine in. i use the megs nxt gen tech wax along with the autoglym suepr resin polish on mine and it comes up really well