My cupra elliptical groved rr discs

chrisbond69

chris bond
Jun 11, 2005
Cirencester, Glos
just got my cupra elliptical grooves, my uncle did them for me well pleased with them the quality is brilliant, what do you guys think.
12-1.jpg
12.jpg

Olly20VT

Jun 8, 2004
Stroud Glos ,England
Ha Ha i did mine on a CNC machine at work.
what cutter did you use? i found a 3mm bullnose and 1mm deep.
That way when the patern has gone its time to change discs, also did you do both sides of both discs?
Looks good.

3 days !!! i take it that was wrighting the program aswell.

Olly20VT

Jun 8, 2004
Stroud Glos ,England
yeah i did run ATE power discs for a wile then when they stoped making them i thought i might aswell do it myself.
Got my dad to draw it on CAD then got a guy at work to dp the CNC program then machined it myself takes 1 hour to do both front discs.
I'll be doing this to all my discs from now on.

deanrankin85

Nov 28, 2006
Stoke-On-Trent
i brought standard disks and drilled holes in front and rear disks on CNC. got a pattern draw up on CAD. calculated where the ribs were on the vented disks and drilled straight through. saves paying extra! :) look cool too!

Cupra R 231

May 14, 2005
Lincolnshire
Yeah I'll agree with the cracking.....
Got a 4 pot conversion for my old pulsar gtir and thought what the hell I'll have the drilled and grooved discs... A year later big crack formed from drilled hole followed across to a groove and then right to edge of discs and I belive they were brembo discs mounted onto ally bells so a good quality disc....
Steer clear from drilled discs from now on.......

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise