My car does have a KO3'S........

JJ_arosa

Why is my 20vt so slow?

i just bought a cupra mk3 2001.

they guy i had it off claimed i was 240bhp or there abouts.

told me it has been remapped, ko3's turbo.

but im starting to doubt the fact of it as its still got a standerd exhuast system,cat and it does not feel any quicker than my 160bhp glanza

so how do i check if its got a bigger turbo?

remapped?

engine light come on, it showed up on vag as o2 sensor faulty,mass air flow, boost solonoid faulty.

would these cause big problems to maybe why its slow ??

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
MAF fault deffinatly makes the car slow.
o2 sensor will mean your car will be running rich or lean becuase its faulty...

find some one near you in wales and meet up with then and give em a crate of beer to get em to check your car over an help rectify the issues ;)

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
See if your car revs up smoothly at stand still. If they rise to about 3000rpm then drop and shoot up again then you MAF is biggered, alternativly you could have someone run it on there diag machine i.e vas 1551, vag-com etc it'll need to be one that shows measure value blocks. The MAF should read about 255 on full throttle under full load - if not you'll need a new one.

JJ_arosa

i have bought a new one today but it was a crappy after market part as they did not have any bosh ones in stock!

boost solonoid *comes up in the vag com, along with the o2 sensor and maf, seems to boost 20 psi fine one minute then it will not boost at all then ??

over boost ? maf is playing up ? 02 sensor ?

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
whats the list of definate mods that you know of?
intercooler etc??

overboost would cause limp mode and stop it fromboosting at all. check to make sure its clamped nice and tight around the n75 valve. this caused my problems.check all vacuum pipes,and tiewrap them all :)

JJ_arosa

got all receipts for all mapping (custom code)
cam belt and water pump coverd 75k full service and stacks of paper work

mods that i can see are:
Devil back box
Pipercross induction kit

and thats it, obviously im not able to see the remap and the bigger turbo im unable to tell the difference from a standerd one.

just been out in it and it seems to be running better now i fit7ted a new maf sensor and left it for 2 hours, also had all the codes cleared earlyer via vag com

Dec 31, 2005
London
no front mounted intercooler?

under the bonnet, what dv or tip is there?

you'll be lucky if its making over 200bhp without fmic or turbo back

thejollywodger

Oct 10, 2008
got all receipts for all mapping (custom code)
cam belt and water pump coverd 75k full service and stacks of paper work

mods that i can see are:
Devil back box
Pipercross induction kit

and thats it, obviously im not able to see the remap and the bigger turbo im unable to tell the difference from a standerd one.

just been out in it and it seems to be running better now i fit7ted a new maf sensor and left it for 2 hours, also had all the codes cleared earlyer via vag com

just a back box will loose power iirc. just had my maf changed and its a lot more responsive

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
new working maf first.
lambda fault if reporting lean may be maf related.. do that 1st then review

what is the boost solenoid reported fault? if its playing up its controlling your boost after all so its likely a culprit also

M87NER

MATNER
Mar 11, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent
to check the turbo, cant you see if theres two vacuum lines coming off it? if its a ko3, or just one for a ko3s... (or am i talking bollocks lol)

Yep thats correct, if there's 2 vaccum hoses from actuater its sa K03 if there's 1 vac hose its a K03s..

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
If you still have standard TIP then its probably also still got the regualr K03 because standard TIP doesn;t fit over K03s

JJ_arosa

thanks guys fitted as new bosh maf sensor today car seems to be alot more responsive, i will check to see what turbo i have 2moro.

any1 recomend a de-cat and exhuast system?

i heard blue flame are good ?

-pseudonymous-

Oct 28, 2005
I dont think a de-cat is really worth while unless you go BT. People have had the CEL light on when removing the cat which you can only over come by having the post cat lambda mapped out as far as im aware. Best bet is to go for a 100 or 200cell sports cat, that way it will still pass the mot and wont cause any problems.

JJ_arosa

Fitted a custom system yesterday from turbo back sounds amazing and did not bring on any lights on the dash.

i met ryan off here who has the silver cupra and he confirmed that there is a KO3'S turbo on my car.

still with the new turbo back it aint as quick as id expect it to be, he also said its been remapped due to boosting at 21 psi

JJ_arosa

Met up with MR_D yesterday, bought a xcustom system from turbo back off him.

he confirmed my car has a ko3's and has been re mapped.

but still with the new turbo back on it and the boost bypass its still not as quick as id expect it to be ??

in 4th and 5th gears the boost shuts off at 4500 revs is this over boosting? n75? need front mount?

Would just like to comment on the quality of MR_D exhuast systems and the fitment is spot on well worth the money very happy with it.

just want my car to boost in 4th and 5th

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.