MOT history

May 31, 2020
Yorkshire
Seen a car online but the mot history has left me with more answers than it’s solved a search result for:
  • Nearside Front Road wheel badly distorted (5.2.2 (c) (i))
  • Nearside Front Road wheel fractured (5.2.2 (a))
google search is coming up empty handed it’s possible it was thrown into a kerb or hit a huge pothole? I feel like you would notice/feel the difference in handling which begs the question why would it take it for it’s MOT with known issues

if anyone wants to check the mot themselves registration is AK70 OHC

im not sure what to do but What should I take extra precautions with when viewing the car just steering component front suspension etc?

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
I’d say it’s pothole damage. Wheel may need welding if it’s been flagged during MOT. Knock some money off for that if you want buy it. Could be other suspension issues relating to that too. Organise a PPI.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I’d say it’s pothole damage. Wheel may need welding if it’s been flagged during MOT. Knock some money off for that if you want buy it. Could be other suspension issues relating to that too. Organise a PPI.

With the state of the UK’s roads, I agree that pothole damage is quite likely, especially if the alloys are replicas that are ‘in the style of’ OEM alloys.

Lots of replica alloys are cheap Chinese imports that have a reputation for being poor quality and which won’t have been subjected to the same rigorous test procedures for safety, structural integrity and quality of finish as OEM or high quality aftermarket alloys from well known reputable manufacturers. Having said that, there are some OEM alloys that are also known to be quite susceptible to pothole damage (e.g. VW’s very expensive 19” Pretoria alloys on the mk7 / mk7.5 Golf R).

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.