More proof that the 2.0 Sport is unloved!

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
I had a 2.0 Sport for nearly 2 years.
Ibiza.jpg

It cost £9000 new in July 2004 and when I traded it in June 2006, I only got £4500 for it. The dealer's reasoning was that it was a 30k mile 2 year old car and Arnold Clark (who I bought it from) was still selling them with delivery mileage on them for £5500-£6500 at the time and they couldn't shift them. Perfectly understandable to me. I wondered if somebody would buy it, given how uneconomical it was and the running costs. Thanks to the DVLA website, I found out that somebody must have had it, as it was taxed until October 2007.

I hadn't checked for a while, but then I looked the other week and noticed it had been untaxed since October 2007. Then a few weeks later my dad shouted me through to his PC. He'd been looking at Ibizas on eBay and up pops this car! Still with the mudflaps I fitted and the chrome air vent and gear surround.
9ccc_19.jpg

I couldn't believe it, as I've never seen any of my old cars since I got rid of them. It had done 14k miles since I changed it and obviously this independent garage in Fife had been trying to sell it since then. In the window it says £4795, but the price on the eBay auction and Auto Trader was £3995. Last week, my dad shouted me through again. He'd found the old Ibiza once more! This time it had been moved onto Fife SEAT along with another 2.0 Sport they had at the same time. It's now for sale for an eye watering £5200. :blink:

http://www.fifeseat.co.uk/Used_Sales.php?showCar=600505467

I wonder if they'll have any luck shifting it...........

ross p

Back at last....
Jul 13, 2007
Glasgow
www.firstrespondernm.co.uk
Cant see why people seem to think the petrol costs are so bad, people are only going off of rumours it seems.

I can easily average 35+ miles in mine, and thats a mix with motorway, country road and town.

Only bad thing about the engine is that its underpowered, apart from that the car is the same as any other ibiza.

ballenapene

Interesting, as a Seat Ibiza Cupra in yellow was for sale at £8495 for a 56 plate, with something like 18,000 miles on the clock.

I saw it down in the midlands, wanted a test drive but the battery was flat (obv not been moved in awhile) this was backed up as the service was done in November or something, and had since done less than 10 miles....

Anyway, didnt get it, but noticed it had since moved to yorkshire, went up, took it for a test drive, and minus the wheels that needed refurbing it was great, I had obv driven it more than anyone else in the past 4 months, as it was still on the same milage. However, the price had magically gone up to £8995.

So when we got back, I said id been in the same car a few weeks earlier and it was £500 less, they sort the wheels out, and we can then discuss lower price, sales guy wasnt having any of it "no it wasnt, its been in storage" blah blah. Came outside after I walked out, and said "£8800 with the wheels like that, of we can do them for ya, and you buy full price"

I said bye, and its still there now a month later as their car of the week!?

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
God bless used car sales

same old scheming as DFS/Dixons/Currys/PC World etc etc

you gotta keep an eye on em for sure

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise