MK5 Bulbs

JoshRedCupra

May 11, 2015
Essex
Hi all,

I "upgraded" my bulbs about a month into ownership. I now realise this was very much a downgrade however I'm stupid and threw all the original bulbs :headhurt:

I now want to replace my: main, dipped and all 4 sidelights

Firstly, are these bulbs good for both main and dipped:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Philips-D...hash=item3aa3170138:m:mISstvYuOK_FSBfeVWqZwAw

and does anyone have any suggestions for my sidelights, as these are currently not working at all!

Many thanks!

EDIT:

The problem I have at the moment is that my current dipped and main are a nice white colour, but very low light output and I can't see too much when driving at night!!!

Last edited:

propane94

Bearded Ginger
Nov 15, 2012
Portsmouth
The Philips bulbs should be good for your dipped and beam, so long as you get the right ones (H7 I believe). Can you let me know which you get and whether they are any good as I am trying to find decent ones too.

For sidelights i use:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ultra-501...237357?hash=item4add3b65ed:g:LFgAAOSwDk5UIXln

as these do not cause the bulb error like the led's do (even the error free ones).

You say the sidelights don't work at all, do you mean they are useless bulbs or they simply don't turn on when you switch them on??

propane94

Bearded Ginger
Nov 15, 2012
Portsmouth
I never liked them, I got some and they caused nothing but problems.

Stick with the white bulbs I think.

Philips do some white 501 bulbs for side lights as well I think.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

britishsligean

Dec 23, 2014
Ireland
If you want good halogen light get something like the Philips extreme vision or osram nightbreaker unlimited, I personally use the h4 variant and they are much better than regular bulbs dipped and a million times better than regular bulbs on full beam, for the side light 5w5 use something like Philips white vision or osram cool blue

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.