missing pipe

Ricardo_Smooth

Powered by Apples!
Jun 26, 2007
sheffield
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=120999

in the picture with the blue TIP i can see there is another pipe coming off next to the DV. I have a std TIP on at the minute and it doesnt have that pipe! I also see that there is a pipe coming off my engine which has nithing attached to it! looking on the pictures of people with an IK its an oil breather location.

Is this correct? where does the std item fit idf this is the case and can anyone sell me one! i'm planning on putting the TIP in the picture on pretty soon.

Is it different as mine is an AQX engine?

any help appreciated

tashacupra

Next up "twin scroll"
Jul 26, 2007
suffolk
hi, as phil said it is just the crank case breather vent hose the fact that it is missing is not a majour problem and it will not throw up any codes, wot is a problem is if there is nothing in the hole in your tip you will have unfiltered air entering your engine which is not so good. the hose will have come from a connection on the rockercover and ran to your tip the function of the hose is to help prevent crank case pressurisation and to vent crank case gas/vapour back in to the inlet so it is burnt off insteat of venting it to atmospher, so you may find you have a small amount of oil vapour geting splatterd around your engine bay from the conection on your rockercover which is not a problem but will make a mess.

you best bet is to put a thread in the parts wanted section because the lads thet have fitted a catch tank will not need this hose and it's fittings so will probable be happy to get shot of it. hope that helps a bit.:)

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
What you mean there isnt a breather pipe at all? Has it got an oil catch tank fitted?

Just make sure the crankcase breather isnt blocked off and its breathing somewhere.

Some pics of it would help us as well. :D

Ricardo_Smooth