missing passenger airbag switch & interior alarm button

diddydave

Altea 2006 tdi sport minus passenger airbag override switch or interior alarm deactivation button.
I guess i've got the 'seat maximum profit edition' :(

Is it possible to retro fit a passenger airbag dash light & glove box key switch.

Similar request for the interior alarm deactivation button

If yes are these both dealer only jobs, with vag-com edits ?

I have at least got a space-saver spare, movable rear seats and the double boot shelf :clap:

Thanks for any advice/possible costs

Hobbit

Aug 5, 2006
Stockport
Got a 2006 Stylance rather than a Sport. Passenger airbag switch should be inside the glove box compartment?

The interior volumetric sensors are not turned off with a button but by using the remote control. You need to use the locking switch on the remote control and press it twice instead of once to deactivate just the volumetric sensors. The normal alarm system still remains operational (pages 102 /103 0f the owners manual)

Jaytee

Jul 26, 2005
Hemel Hempstead, UK
Got a 2006 Stylance rather than a Sport. Passenger airbag switch should be inside the glove box compartment?

The interior volumetric sensors are not turned off with a button but by using the remote control. You need to use the locking switch on the remote control and press it twice instead of once to deactivate just the volumetric sensors. The normal alarm system still remains operational (pages 102 /103 0f the owners manual)

When I ordered my Toledo (delivered Dec '05) the passenger airbag swithc was a no cost option :confused: (why not just fit it as standard and be done?)

I don't have an internal alarm sensor switch and had no idea that there was a function on the the remote key to de-activate the internalsensorrs :-o
When I complained about the switch being missing, no-one at my supplying dealer expalined this!!
I will have to see if the remote key function works.
Cheers,
John.

bobrob

My 2006 TDI FR is as the hobbit said, the key op switch in the glove box + the volumetric bit of the alarm operate by the remote.

Richie D

May 24, 2005
Shropshire

If you do this with the two presses on the key fob I'm pretty sure that the deadlocks are also turned off. Probably not the best route to go down.
MY2006 They stopped putting in useful stuff like these bits.

Rich

Jaytee

Jul 26, 2005
Hemel Hempstead, UK
If you do this with the two presses on the key fob I'm pretty sure that the deadlocks are also turned off. Probably not the best route to go down.
MY2006 They stopped putting in useful stuff like these bits.

Rich

Now checked this out on my Toledo.
A double press on the remote lock does indeed switch out the interior sensor, but as Rich says, also swithces off the deadlocking, so not ideal :(

I would have liked to be able to switch off the internal sensors and still deadlock the doors - I am sure that this would have been possible with the original internal switch.

John.

processpaul

Nov 24, 2006
Brighton
My 05 stylance doesn't have the switch to turn them off but I've got a way of turning off the interior sensors but its permanent.

Use VAG-com, I've found an adaption that allows you to change the sensitivity of the interior sensors, or even set it to zero, which i guess would be off.

If you want me try and see if zero turns them off, pm me and i'll let you know the outcome.

I'm wondering if the cable for the switch is behind the pillar but not looked yet.

Cheers

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.