Missing an inch

Andy b

Apr 26, 2006
Hi
Am new on here so better tell you I'm in the last throws of returning a Cat D insurance V5 to the road. The car took a hit on the nearside front wing which thankfully left the suspension alignment ok but didnt do a lot for the bumper or wing. Having pushed and shoved things about a bit everything lines up and the car looks terrific and ready to go. As I have said everything lines up and bumper and wing have fitted without modification in their correct position. The only problem I have is the pipe going to the air box is about an inch short of meeting the plastic box which fits behind the headlight. Just about all the plastic in that corner was left by the roadside and I've replaced via the local dealer what I think should be there. Is there anything I don't know about that fits between the two? Any contributions greatfully received.

Andy b

Apr 26, 2006
Posed as a prospective buyer and went to see a V5 for sale last night and had a good scrute under the bonnet. Problem seems to be that the pipe passed the impact up to the air box (filter was crumpled when I got it) so am thinking that either ( or both ) the air box or the pipe has deformed. Going to have a good look when weather permits. May take you up on offer of second opinion if no luck. Thanks.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.