Milltek Exhaust - Resonated or non-resonated?

benp

I am going to go for a Milltek system but am not sure whether to go for the resonated mid-section or non-resonated.

I was hoping that someone with experience of either system could offer some advice?

Main questions are whether there is any performance advantage of the non-resonated system and just how loud each one is.

It will be combined with a sports cat/down pipe and I don't want anything too loud or boomy, although if better performance is on offer I would go with that.

Thanks for any help.

Ben

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
with my exsperience when my car was just re-mapped and i fitted the sports cat and catback NON RESINATED i was hoping i wouldnt have the 1 tone saxo cherry bomb sound and it so isnt it was slightly deeper at low revs (sporty sound) but when giving it some beans :-o omg it does sound so much better and look so much better than the standard system and if it is the 1.8 20vt ur ta;king about which i think you are the turbo can breath more and it spools up quicker and earlier money well spent

and to answer you question definatly get the non resonated every1 will agreewith me aswell so you better go and order it ;)

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
do you have a diesel or a petrol? :confused:

afaik, the non-res is the one to go for if you have a diesel as it creates a petrol like sound! :D

i'm hoping to get a non-res system for mine with a decat from JKM in there group buy which is currentl live *cough* click link in sig VVVVV *cough*:whistle:, might be worth asking for a price if you plan to get a milltek, as the more that sign up the bigger discount that will be on offer;)

gazjones

non resonated it sound ****ing ace! burbles pops its ace really nice sound above 3k rpm note changes isnstantly but both sound nice the resonated is bit more sublte

benp

Thanks for the help.

It's a 20VT sorry, should have said that.

Non-resonated looks the way to go then. What are they like on motorway?

Cheers again.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Non- resonated is best, my car was the development car for the mk4 Millteks and when they originally designed it they were going resonated, but ended up finalising on the non-resonated as it was not boomy on the go.

Great exhausts

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
I would definatly say non-res on my diesel when i'm driving normally you can barely hear it but when you floor it sounds great and motorway is fine

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.