• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Mats

rob2005

Jan 11, 2007
I got some mats for my Leon and there seems to be no way of keeping them in position in the car.

I.e. there are no things in the floor of the car to connect the mats too.

In my old corsa there were things on the floor, which the mats clipped into.

Am I missing something or is there really no way of doing it?

Its a 1.6 Stylance if that matters

Trapper

Jul 1, 2005
West Sussex
Hi Rob

Do they have two holes with plastic surrounds at the rear of them. If they do there should be two plastic screws that you screw inot the carpets with them. Thats for the front ones, the rear just drop in.

Any help :confused:

rob2005

Jan 11, 2007
Hi Rob

Do they have two holes with plastic surrounds at the rear of them. If they do there should be two plastic screws that you screw inot the carpets with them. Thats for the front ones, the rear just drop in.

Any help :confused:

Yes, i think i know what u mean!

So are you saying the mats screw straight into the floor of the car?

Trapper

Jul 1, 2005
West Sussex
Hi Rob.

They screw through the carpet only. I drilled a small pilot hole in my carpet before I put the "carpet screw" in. It stops the carpet from fraying.

Hope it helps. :cheers:

rob2005

Jan 11, 2007
Hi Rob.

They screw through the carpet only. I drilled a small pilot hole in my carpet before I put the "carpet screw" in. It stops the carpet from fraying.

Hope it helps. :cheers:

Thanx mate, just surprised that there is no 'connection' system in place!

LEON2DRIVER

May 18, 2007
Mine also is a LEON 2 1.6 Stylance,had them mats put in by the maindealer, to be honest even with those screws put into the carpet i have lost count how many times the mat has come off the screw mounts, doesnt seem to lock properly as the screws are only screwded into the carpet:(
I know when i had the GOLF you just used to twist the connections and the mats locked and stayed where they were.

rob2005

Jan 11, 2007
Mine also is a LEON 2 1.6 Stylance,had them mats put in by the maindealer, to be honest even with those screws put into the carpet i have lost count how many times the mat has come off the screw mounts, doesnt seem to lock properly as the screws are only screwded into the carpet:(
I know when i had the GOLF you just used to twist the connections and the mats locked and stayed where they were.

Guess u gotta give em a proper tighten up lol

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members