• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Mats - Wrong Ones

AdamRoutley

Use The Force!!
Feb 22, 2007
Walsall
www.myspace.com
when i brought my car premier stoke threw in some leon mats, they have the plastic covered holes in them, but they dont line up with the existing mounts that i have in my car...anybody know which mats do? its a 54 leon FR (petrol if that makes any difference) :rolleyes:

CupraUK

Pushing on
Aug 15, 2005
Bedfordshire
If I remember right there were 2 types, those with round holes and those with oval. Are the holes the same just in different places?

jay87

May 4, 2007
well my leon had the smaller circle type, and my cuzon gave me some new ones which he brought for his golf, and they were oval, i just changed the clips around, butter knife and they click out! and ezi to click in

Phil K

Here's your sign
Oct 18, 2004
Surrey darling...
Mine have the right fixings for the car - oval slot type... however the heal pad has worn into a hole very quickly, the car has only done 17K!

Has anyone else suffered this seemingly naff quality with their mats?

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
mine hasn't worked through, but the area is very roughed up and i've done about 20k since bought them last august.

More worried about break pedal as the rubber has discovered habit of falling of - need to fix before MOT on sat.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Mine have the right fixings for the car - oval slot type... however the heal pad has worn into a hole very quickly, the car has only done 17K!

Has anyone else suffered this seemingly naff quality with their mats?

Nope ;)

LeonMat.jpg

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
I added the heel plate myself. They cannot be bought as dealer mats in this way. The metal plate and rivets cost about £8 off ebay. The plate itself is only 2mm thick and is at I have riveted in place on each corner over the material heel pad and once more in the centre of the top and bottom edges. It really is not noticable under your feet. It does not stick up and should last a long time. I must have a heavy foot also as I started to wear through mine in about a months driving. Hence the plate. :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.