Lunch control

Jun 1, 2024
Hi everyone,

I’m looking for some detailed information regarding the launch control system in my Seat Leon Cupra 2019. Specifically, I’ve heard there might be a limit on the number of times launch control can be used (something like 200 uses over the car’s lifetime). I want to understand if this is accurate and if so, what happens once this limit is reached—does the system disable, or is a service reset required?

Has anyone encountered this or has more concrete details? Any official sources or personal experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Jun 1, 2024

grabania

Aug 14, 2022
Gdansk, Poland
grabania.pl
There is no info about launch control limit in the instruction, only small note:
Accelerating with the Launch control programme places a heavy load on all parts of the vehicle. This can result in increased wear and tear.

1722591760806.png

1722591784196.png

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Well there has been a lot of complaints at the olympics that the food was not up to scratch although I am told that the meat options are now on the increase.

Reactions: Seriously?

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Thanks for the answer

but my dilemma if there is any lifetime llimit
From what I told from friend that there is 200 launchs per lifetime
And it’s sounds weird to me
Best bet is to ask seat customer service but from what i have seen there is no limit.

But doing 200 launch controls would not do your gearbox a lot of good and certainly if your gearbox supports the counter (not all do) then I would not buy the car from you due to wear and tear put on the gearbox.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members