• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Low speed fan - only 0.1v at 3pin Rad switch connector (FIXED)

paradyne

May 30, 2004
UK, Bucks
Hi guys, so I've had the niggling low speed fan issue since having the car - works with AC on. Replaced rad switch some time back and also this week the fan control module.
Still not working, so (as I should have done from the start) got the multimeter on the plug to the rad fan switch and the Red wire which should be 12v permanently is only reading 0.1v.
Just to confirm, putting 12v directly to the Red/white wire on the rad fan plug does run the fans at low speed so defo not the fan resistors at fault.

My understanding was that this red 30A wire is fed more or less directly from the leftmost 30A fuse on top of the battery - fuse reads ok. I pulled the 3pin connector of the back of that fuse block but doesn't show continuity down to the rad fan switch - so something is borked.

Does the low speed fan - when running with aircon on - draw power off the 40A feed into the fan control module, or does the 30A feed from battery head to fan controller as well as the rad fan connector?

Any advice/thoughts welcome!

Last edited:

paradyne

May 30, 2004
UK, Bucks
Semi-fixed...

So after stripping out the battery box and getting to the wires to the rad fan connector I discovered the 12v wire was cut through!!

So I've repaired the damaged cable and now I have working low speed fans, however toggling the Aircon on now does not bring the low speed fans on.
Checking the diagnostics on the climatronic the a/c compressor speed show 0. There is a slight blip in engine rpm when AC engaged.

So did someone deliberately cut the 12v feed to get the Aircon to work?

Should I go back to the original fan control unit?

The plot thickens.

Last edited:

paradyne

May 30, 2004
UK, Bucks
Now sorted!

Put back original 1J0919506Q fan control module back in, which clearly DOES work with climatronic/AC versus 1J0919506K which does not.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.