• Guest would you be interested in CUPRA or SEAT valve caps? let us know in the poll

• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Low Oil Pressure

Oct 22, 2024
Hi,

I'm new to the form - great to be here.

So I have an issue with my 2016 Seat Leon Cupra (290)

It appears to run just fine, and idles well, but because of this issue I haven't driven it due to obvious reasons.

For some reason I have Low Oil Pressure & engine management light following a recent minor service. Oil change and oil filter. There are also some other "active/passive" codes present;

P164D00
P001700
P001400
P168c00

The car is on 61k milage and has full service history. The light came on recently on a long journey close to home, it was then fully serviced and the light went off for a bit and the error appeared to be resolved until it came back again around 50 miles later. I sometimes turn the car on and the light isn't on, but comes on when the engine gets up to temperature. What could this be, I have read that some have had issue with PCV, Oil Pickup, Pressure Switch etc... I really hope that I don't need a new engine as it's only on 61k!

Any help appreciated guys, thank you.

Cainy1989

Jan 11, 2019
try replacing the oil pressure switch see if that helps. that would be my first go to, if the oil level is good and you don't get the low pressure light when turning the car on it could indicate the switch is faulty more than anything.

Oct 22, 2024
try replacing the oil pressure switch see if that helps. that would be my first go to, if the oil level is good and you don't get the low pressure light when turning the car on it could indicate the switch is faulty more than anything.

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Yes I think that was going to be my first go to, will get the switch ordered and then do a pressure test, I hope the rest of the engine is breathing okay, otherwise it's a question of how much irreparable damage has been done since the light come on, I am worried it will need a new engine but there isn't any nasty noises and car seems to run drive and idle fine.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.