• Formentor members, we are testing a new feature requiring selection of a model year when posting - more info here
  • Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Model Year 21/22 Lost power during driving

Oct 2, 2024
Hi all, I need some help with my Cupra Formentor. I bought a used 2021 1.4 eHybrid 204 V2 DSG 2 months ago. It has run 10,000 miles so far. About a month ago, the car lost power suddenly during driving, but I could restart the engine after turned the engine off for minutes. This is dangerous as someone is very likely to hit my back. This happened again 2 days after, lot of warning lights came on which I can’t remember exactly what those said. Just remember one of those says “engine exceed 1200 rpm limit” but I was driving 55 miles/hour by that time. I shifted to N gear, pulled the electronic parking brake, and the car had a strong vibration. I sent the car to the dealer right away and they said it was the system problem. Then they performed a software update and I was advised the problem should be solved.
I am experiencing the same issue today. The car ran smoothly after the software update for short trips which normally within an hour’s drive where primarily using the electric motor. However, today was the first time I drove more than 1 hour drive, and the car relied more on the petrol engine.
After about an hour of driving, that problem occurred. The car lost power and began to vibrate strongly, even when stationary and in neutral gear, just as it did previously. I don’t think this is solely a software issue anymore.
Does anybody encounter the same problem? Would be appreciated if someone can give me insights on the causes of the problem. Thank you.

Attachments

• 20240903_113152.jpg
    20240903_113152.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 33
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.