Leon Steering wheel airbags

DSUK

May 9, 2009
does anyone know if the same airbag is used on both the wheel with buttons (MFSW) and the one without buttons? Thanks

DSUK

May 9, 2009
Its a long story! Trying to do a simple cruise control upgrade on my leon reference and keep running into problems! Swapped the steering controller today as my one (AE type) supports nothing with an AQ type that supports everything, from a FR. But when I put it all back together and tried to code up the controller the horn kept sounding! Would go off after a few seconds but then the horn button would not work at all. The horn kept sounding this way every time the ignition is switched on. So in the end I have has to put all the stock parts back in. The only difference I could think of is that the FR has a multi function steering wheel whilst my lowley reference does not. I didn't think this would be a problem as you are meant to be able to code up the controller depending on what ever steering wheel you have! But I was thinking of trying a MFSW to see but do not what to have to buy a new air bag as well. I think I might need a wireing harness as well?

Gazguthrie

Jul 15, 2007
Scotland
You need a different wiring harness for the MFSW. I upgraded my ref sport steering wheel to fit cruise and a cupra wheel. Had to change the harness and controller. Gary

DSUK

May 9, 2009
does the harness replace the exisiting one on the airbag or does it plug in as well as the original one? Did you buy it at a dealer? thanks

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.