Leon rear door panel removal help! (Cupra gloss black pillars)

Ibiza23

seatenthusiast
Feb 24, 2007
Northern Ireland
I have a new leon fr and i have recently changed the front door pillars to the gloss finish panels that come standard on the cupra, these were very easy to chnage. I have the panels for the rear doors but its the complete handle that is replaced, has anyone carried out this modification, is it difficult to do and how do i go about it?

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
thats pretty much the instructions to remove door card. some of the screws to take off the handle mechanism are located under the rubber seals. you'll need to lower the window at various points to get to them. it took me about an hr for each door handle. thats disassemble and assemble time. took me a bit longer as i had some trouble with remove some of the seals.

Well worth the hassle as savings from the stealers labour is more than bother pillar/mechanisms themselves. look far better when things are done.

Ibiza23

seatenthusiast
Feb 24, 2007
Northern Ireland
Guys thanks for the reply, chan have you got any pics of ur car with them fitted, also are you pretty handy with these kind of mods, just asking because im kinda worried about trying to do it myself incase i make a total mess of it!

Jace

Sneaker Freaker
I've done it :D

& its a bitch [:@]

Look at the new handle & it will show you the location of all the torx you need to remove, some are under the window rubber channel too, allow 3hrs for the 1st side & about half that for the second, as you'll know what your doing then.

P1040430.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
I'm pretty new to car modding. It took me one and half hrs for the first side and then just under an hr for the second. It is fairly tricky to do and and some things are carried out blind (namely the internal door mechanism). The most frustrating thing is dropping torx screws or clips inside the door panel. As mentioned by Jace take a look at your new door handle to figure out where the torx screws are locate. when removing the outside rubber strip at the bottom of the window, be careful not to bend it too much as it's a pain in the ass the straighten.

here's a pic of the finished article:
normal_12102008123.jpg

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
you can order the parts from the local stealers of give Seremotors a pm. the middle pillars are about £12 each, the rear pillars are about £35 each.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
I'm unsure on this. They look good, but the trim around the windows will never be gloss, and you can't do anything about that. I'm not sure I'd ever be happy if I went to the effort of swapping them.

You have to dismantle the rear door to change that as well, don't you?