Leon mk4 dashboard rattles

Jun 25, 2021
Hello everyone,
I have a Leon FR 2.0TDI with 3000kms in this moment but many rattles from dashboard area (seems due some gap in the dash frame), someone else has this problem?
To remove the dash frame, in order to try put some sponge in the clips, to remove it, is just pull out?

244688_1024.jpg

Thank you in advance for your help :)

Last edited:

amadeumir

Sep 15, 2021
Hello

I had this problem, solved it by inserting some velcro tape in the gaps between the frame and the dashboard cover, i didn´t want to take it out because it could break any support and the the problem would be greater. i will ask the workshop to resolve this matter at the service, meanwhile it didnt get any more rattles, this used to ocour in mk3 for what i saw to pull it out is enough, but i´m not shure about it, so i prefer to let the take care of the his, if they break the frame they will have to replace it.

Reactions: Xavier
Jun 25, 2021
Hello

I had this problem, solved it by inserting some velcro tape in the gaps between the frame and the dashboard cover, i didn´t want to take it out because it could break any support and the the problem would be greater. i will ask the workshop to resolve this matter at the service, meanwhile it didnt get any more rattles, this used to ocour in mk3 for what i saw to pull it out is enough, but i´m not shure about it, so i prefer to let the take care of the his, if they break the frame they will have to replace it.
Hello,
I want thank you your feedback and experience.
Yesterday I removed the frame and put some foam tape, very easy to remove it, more easy that I was thinking. Bellow a picture with the tape, so far, the problem seems fixed, no rattles from dash area, we will see in the future :)
dash.jpg

ziya13

Feb 8, 2017
Hello,
I want thank you your feedback and experience.
Yesterday I removed the frame and put some foam tape, very easy to remove it, more easy that I was thinking. Bellow a picture with the tape, so far, the problem seems fixed, no rattles from dash area, we will see in the future :)
View attachment 27553
Could you please describe with pictures how you removed the part? I have the same problem

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.