leon mk1 2002 1.9tdi Central Locking

Aug 8, 2024
ive had Trouble with the locking on this car for awhile and have forgot the pairing method now completely
i do have 2 keys ( 1 remote 1 standard ) i had used the 2 key method involving the door before but i forget the method itself
at some point on this journey i found people talking about wires running to the drivers door failing and that could be part of the issue

i guess im here to see has anyone had exactly this with this car and solved it

Battoussai

Mar 22, 2016
Portugal
For me, this method works:
(please note remote coding procedure must be completed within 30 seconds from switching on the ignition)
(leave the window open just in case your car got locked)

1) Place original key (with transpoder on it) in ignition and switch ignition on (dont start engine) and close the door.
2) Put NEW keyfob in driver's door lock.
3) Manually LOCK Driver's door and HOLD that position for exactly 6 seconds and then return to normal position but dont remove key from lock
4) With UNLOCK BUTTON on keyfob PRESSED, unlock MANUALLY the lock and LOCK once more (always with keyfob pressed) - your car horn and or lights may sound/blink. Release button and go to normal position (don't take key out).
5) Unlock the car MANUALLY with the key on the lock.
6) Now you can REMOVE the key from the car lock.
COMPLETE!!

Check if remote fob buttons work!

Reactions: WanderingAimlessly
Aug 8, 2024
For me, this method works:
(please note remote coding procedure must be completed within 30 seconds from switching on the ignition)
(leave the window open just in case your car got locked)

1) Place original key (with transpoder on it) in ignition and switch ignition on (dont start engine) and close the door.
2) Put NEW keyfob in driver's door lock.
3) Manually LOCK Driver's door and HOLD that position for exactly 6 seconds and then return to normal position but dont remove key from lock
4) With UNLOCK BUTTON on keyfob PRESSED, unlock MANUALLY the lock and LOCK once more (always with keyfob pressed) - your car horn and or lights may sound/blink. Release button and go to normal position (don't take key out).
5) Unlock the car MANUALLY with the key on the lock.
6) Now you can REMOVE the key from the car lock.
COMPLETE!!

Check if remote fob buttons work!
thanks for this but it seems not to work for me. il try again with a fresh battery in the key but im doubting il get anywhere will let you know and get the door panel off and tack the wires if not ...

Battoussai

Mar 22, 2016
Portugal
And both keys can manually open and close the car and start the engine? Or it is just the remote buttons that fail?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.