• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Leon Mats

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
Apologies if this has been discussed over and over, but I have tried searching.

Are the only suitable mats from Seat - for the twist locks - the ones with the checks on?
Do any other companies do mats that can be secured to the floor?

NeilW

Platinum Member
Jul 6, 2004
Yorkshire!!!
You can also get proper Seat plain black ones without the chequered pattern. They say LEON in red in the corner.

Dennis

Polisher
May 11, 2005
SEAT do some plane black ones with red trim for about £30, just about to get our lass another set for her LCR (last ones lasted 2 years)

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
On the website only the chequered ones are listed as having the twist cap fixing?

Or am I being thick?

Dennis

Polisher
May 11, 2005
Just pop to your stealer they probably have some standard ones in stock

Nov 28, 2006
I have some of the black mats with 'Leon' in red but they are not the twist cap fittings. I had them for my 02 LC which had the circular press fitting. These don't fit my 54 LCR.

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
Will make a journey to Colchester or Bury St Edmunds at some point then and see if I can pick some up.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
If you find out what mats they offer without the twist fitting, please can you let us know? Would be handy to know for when I wear my current ones out :)

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
I've seen the chequered ones in other colours somewhere, just can't remember where? Not sure if they were genuine Seat ones but I saw Red, Grey and Yellow.

Jan 1, 2007
Retford, Notts
I got some custom made off ebay, matched the ovni colour trim and has CUPRA down the edge. They dont have the twist fit but fit 100% so they dont budge.

the_prophet

Jul 28, 2006
i also got a set off ebay, just plain black came with holes in which i managed to fit the twist lock system into and imho look a lot higher quality than the standard mats with the red / black striping round the outside. Only cost me £16.99 as well!

Dennis

Polisher
May 11, 2005
Auto style do the best mats, deep pile and leather bound, they cost me about £100 for the CTR our last had before the LCR but you could tell.

Marco0102

Just got a set with the twist lock and red LEON logo from Seat Dealer Richard Alexanders in Huddersfield. With SCN discount only cost £26.99.....They are excellent quality.

murphster

I got mine from http://www.justmatz.co.uk/ they were £60 for my LCR with the word 'Cupra R' in black. You can specify them exactly how you want (without braking any copyright issues)

They are fully tailored and do have the fixings to the leon floor.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members