Leon FR TFSI - +BHP

Nickmoore22

Can anyone help me by offering some advice on the tuning of my Leon FR TFSI, i am looking to find the best possible modified air intake, and a decent blow off valve to suit my car can anyone point me in the ruight direction of a good one with some price quotes?

Also from experience what do you guys recommend for stiffening up the ride, whats the best lowering springs for our model and also where can i get a decent strut brace from?

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Hi Mate,

There is no 'best intake'. People will argue to the death which one is better. Its generally best to choose which one suits you best, or you like te look of, or which price you want to pay.
Several on the market include:
-Carbonio - This is the most basic one - This consists on a replacement panel filter and a new carbon fibre air intake duct thingie. This is best if you want to keep the engine cover as standard.
- Neuspeed P-flo and Evoms motorsport V-flow are ones which are very simalar, basically a big pipe with a cone filter on the end. I currently use the Neuspeed p-flo.
Diblias- is a bit different, but looks interesting.
forge do one which is a proper Cold air intake. It is simalar to the neuspeed and Evoms bt has a longer part for true cold air intake.

All of these except the carbonio involve permanant removable or or modding/reeplacemnt of the engine cover, as the standard panel filter is located inside the engine cover.

Only Forge do a kind of blow off vavle, but I think if you have an induction system as above, it makes a simlar sound to a BOV anyway.

Stiffing up the ride involves either springs and or dampers, or putting coilovers on. I origanally had eiback pro-kit springs on mine for lowering, but wanted better handling and a lower ride so got the Eibach coilvers fitted.

There is no strut brace about for the New Leon. Due to the fact there is no room at the front!
You might want to consider anti roll bars instead and they really stop bodyroll (dpending how thich you get them). I use H&R front and rear thicker type.

Nickmoore22

many thanks Dan,

I think i will stick with a standard uprated panel filter form pipercorss or k&N i would assume there is very littele difference between all the panel filters or no vast improvements.

Would just a panel filter put the blow off valve out of the question?

thanks for your advice on the coilovers but on the budget i'm on i am mainly just looking at lowering springs i think, any you recommend?

i see so the strut brace is a no no, as for the anti roll bars how much do they come in at and how easy are they to apply, are they very large? do the look good or stand out and look over the top? i wanted a strut brace as they are easily disguised and not to clombersome

Nickmoore22

I've managed to find this link which offers loads of advice http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/seat leonmk2/engine.html

this website has a good description of the carbonip system which looks pretty good for £165 and allows you to keep the standard engine cover, it also shows a good forge blow valve for £45, has anyone got either of these mods? what do you think of them?

Would these to mods be easy to do it yourself or would it mean time in a garage?

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
many thanks Dan,

I think i will stick with a standard uprated panel filter form pipercorss or k&N i would assume there is very littele difference between all the panel filters or no vast improvements.

Would just a panel filter put the blow off valve out of the question?

thanks for your advice on the coilovers but on the budget i'm on i am mainly just looking at lowering springs i think, any you recommend?

i see so the strut brace is a no no, as for the anti roll bars how much do they come in at and how easy are they to apply, are they very large? do the look good or stand out and look over the top? i wanted a strut brace as they are easily disguised and not to clombersome

Hi Nick

I originally chose to go with a pipercross filter before I got the induction kit. I chose this over the K&N as it is a dry filter, ie; non-oiled. It hink think 'Green' filters make one too. The pipercorss is about £35 from somewhere like AwesomeGTI. Im not sure there is much of an improve with any panel really. Part of the reason I changed to a induction kit for for the 'whoosy noise' :happy: And of course hopefully more performance!

Panel filter makes no difference wether you want a blow off valve or not. Try and find some videos of the forge one, to see if you like the sound or not. Its a fairly cheap mod.

There are two mains types of springs people use on here. The Eiback Pro kit which is no more than 30mm drop, and the H&R which is no more than 40mm drop. Have a search of the forum, there are lots of threads about lowering!

The anti roll bars, just replace the current ones underneath the car. They are basically identical to the standard ones but just thicker metal! Unless you climb under the car you cant even see them! I think they are fairly hard to install as you have to drop the subframe at the front. I think you can pick up at set for around £200 plus fitting. Mine are H&R (good quality) which come in a set. I think Eibach and Neuspeed also make them!

BigBoyzToys in Thurrock so can supply and fit most mods, which is where ive had alot of stuff done on my car, pretty local to you too.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.