Leon Arm rest

wardy2602

Apr 22, 2006
Stoke-On-Trent
Hi all

Recently bought a leon arm rest off ebay looking at fitting it into my leon fr150
But ive read on earlier posts about special bolts needed?
Mine came with no bolts, just the bracket.
If anyone has any info about fitting,bolts pics or part numbers that would be great cheers.

05 leon FR150 in luna grey one wicked car.

Red LCR TDI

Feb 15, 2006
Portsmouth
bought an armrest off ebay too for my TDi. not sure if its the same armrest, i got mine from 'mr rabitty' quality of it isnt great, but its nice to rest your arm on, just dont put too much weight on it if its not a proper part.

the guide i was given for fitting can be found at www.diyarmrest.com it has a few pictures and a guide on hoe to do it. it also has a few VW part numbers for bolts i think.

bear in mind you will have to cut up your centre console to fit it. its not despite what they say a straight fit unless you have a golf.

anyway, good luck with it mate and enjoy. :)

jon

wardy2602

Apr 22, 2006
Stoke-On-Trent
Hi all again

Thanxs for the reply
The arm rest i bought though is an original seat item and was wondering will i need those special bolts or will the ones that are in the car do the job.
Again any pics advice would be much appreciated
cheers all

Red LCR TDI

Feb 15, 2006
Portsmouth
there arent enough in the car, the bracket has three holes, and you can only reuse the bolt on the handbreake, unless its a totally different bracket from mine, the other two locations where you need bolts - there arent any. didn't your 150 come with one as standard? my friends 130 did.

apologies if i'm wrong, but think you need to get two more bolts and two speed clips if you need them.

wardy2602

Apr 22, 2006
Stoke-On-Trent
Had a look yesterday and i need the two bolts
I will have to ring the squealers later, had a look at an old link and got the part numbers.
I was gutted when i realised some have the armrest and mine didnt, think its just luck of the draw, got a really good deal on my 05 fr so i suppose i carnt grumble.:)

Red LCR TDI

Feb 15, 2006
Portsmouth
well good luck with it mate, its not hard just a bit fiddly unless you take the whole console out, which is a pain to get back in.

i wanted the FR, but cost and insurance forced me down the 110 road.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.