LCR dilemma

Cupra 200bhp

Hey people, i am seriously considering selling my ibiza cupra.Ive had 4of them now ranging from standard to 230bhp and had ihi at 342bhp. But im getting fed up with having the same car basically. I still love the cars and dont think i will ever change away from the vag group but just feel i need a change. I have been looking at its big bro now LCR 225bhp and prices seem very respectable (From buyers point of view anwyay).

Would like to know a few things tho

1. Is there any difference between the 210bhp and 225bhp when remapped an what power do they have once remapped? Is it worth gettin 225?
2. What is the common faults with LCR’s?
3. What should i look out for when buying one?
4. Can you tell me anything to persuade me to get this car?

Also can you post some pics of your LCR with different mods? (I.e lowered, FMIC, diff wheels etc etc)
Thanks
Derrick

Last edited:

andycupra

status subject to change
210 and 225 remap to the same.
basically the same engine just a few minor differences.
most differences are cosmetic. the 225 have different better* steering wheel.
late 210's and 225's have tear shape wing mirrors. and there is something about the badge colour too...

what goes wrong.. well the brakes are not cheap, so while they dont go wrong as such they will cost you from time to time due to disk and pad cost.
engine wise its going to be similiar things to the ibiza that could go wrong.

also 18" tyres are not so cheap.

basic stage 1 remap... probably doing well if you hit 270. most are 265bhp.
however, dont expect them to much quicker than an ibiza thats mapped. they do weigh a bit more...

Last edited:

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
1. Is there any difference between the 210bhp and 225bhp when remapped an what power do they have once remapped?
2. What is the common faults with LCR’s?
3. What should i look out for when buying one?
4. Can you tell me anything to persuade me to get this car?

Thanks
Derrick

1 - No difference really and within 5-10bhp i.e, you'll never notice on the road

2 - Mainly engine and it's basically the same engine as all other 1.8T's so Water Pumps, MAFs, DV's and coil packs.

3 - The usual HPI checks for crashes and finance, full service history

4 - They are getting cheap, they look cool and the go like stink but they are more refined than the ibiza and if you want them to go round corners well then you would need to budget for some suspension upgrades. IMO buy one off the forums that has had money spent on it on good modifications already.

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Ive been considering that, at least that way i will know if i like the way they drive/handle etc.

Sounds good soo far, as looking for something bit more refined now, got the R6 to be bit crazy on :whistle:

It feels more grown up than the Ibiza and the all black interior feels great IMO

Once remapped cruising is relaxed i.e, 6th gear at 145mph with 4 large lads and more to go under the right foot, and you could still have a decent conversation in the car....... ;)

Handling as standard wasn;t to my taste, usual too much roll and understeer and the arse end feeling twitchy on the limit (but only right on the limit). Once I changed the suspension the car was better damped, sharper turn in and less roll and was a great all rounder....

Cupra 200bhp

What suspension did you use/suggest? Obviously i dont wanna spend mega money, Thats why i am getting LCR so i dont have to spend loads of money on the car. Wanna buy something i can remap, make it handle well then enjoy it. Just fed up with hatchbacks and having to get in and out to let mates out etc (Getting lazy at 22 thats bad lol) and having too spend a fortune on them to make them look the part etc.

I was lookin on pistonheads and fancy something like this?

102162-4.jpg

redleon.jpg

shelby.68

I've got the 2005 225 silver cupra r, so far "forge dump valve,kn filter,milltek exhaust,strutt brace,/just ordered koni fsd+eibach springs,eibach a.r.b.f/r,waiting for evo spioler to be sprayed up and hopefully have that on b4 xmas, also had it re-mapped last week by "ULTRA MAP".very good for me cos there mobile now pushing the envelope at (unconfirmed 280ish bhp).have to say was sceptical about how much I'd notice the remap but **** me what a difference ,you wouldnt believe it.on the whole I think its got some really good points.most have been covered by all your responses.Im a convert from renault cleo v6 and 600cc bike both were arse kickers,but I really rate the leon it'll be even better once suspension is upgraded.keep us posted on your decision.

Dennis

Polisher
May 11, 2005
Faults-

Paint finish on the wheels is patchy (your can see the primer through the colour cote on sides of spokes/in corners)

Trim creaks

Otherwise a good car with agresive looks and a decent motorsport history.

Tyres not that bad now can get decent rubber for£10 a corner fro a decent brand

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.