ko3s vs mapped ko3

mulletman

Limp Mode Squad ™
Mar 26, 2004
hi guys, before you say do a search, please could you just put a quick answer, is a ko3s ibiza much quicker than a ko3? i have a forge 007dv, forge tip, miltek turbo back, and a remap, and a fmic to be fitted either way, so just the turbo will change(and the map), is it worth the extra cost, any help would be great guys, thanks a lot, daz

flashbsd

im just waiting for the flaming match to happen here, some will say dont bother, some will say do, some will moan at me for not buying certain parts to go with mine, at the end of the day, its your car, do what te hell you like ;)

One thing i will say, is FMIC is your next step then k03s and then stage 2 or a custom map of some sort i reckon, CC stage 2 or something

mulletman

Limp Mode Squad ™
Mar 26, 2004
im thinking more of driving it, i understand the reason why its better, but is it noticable to drive? thanks for your quick reply,,,

mulletman

Limp Mode Squad ™
Mar 26, 2004
ill have a fmic within the next few weeks, gonna get a 4bar fpr, but otherwise i think i have the relivant bits done, just dont want to go through the hassle of locating one fitting it then not gaining much? , the cars running really well at 216bhp but i still want more,

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
its worth the extra when u consider a downpipe and sports cat would prob cost u more than the k03s, but ud get better results with the turbo

but then....wots the point of an uprated turbo, if the rest of the car is restricting the standard turbo.

u got the turbo back already, and remap and fmic on the way it sounds, so yeah should be a great improvement over all. though after the remap and fmic u may decide the cars all that u want and more and u dont wanna spend anymore on it cos u wouldnt get it back

helms

Console Race Car Driver
Jan 30, 2005
Basingstoke
well the turbos dont cost all that much do they, i would say its worth as the turbo pulls better higher up the rev range (or so i am told as i dont actually have one!)
have you done any handeling mods? ie lowering ARBs etc?

May 25, 2004
Newport, South Wales
I will tell you in 2-3 days time :p
Seriously though, the people that have gone from a remap and a few goodies to KO3s + Goodies have all stated that it's worth it. Just have a searchy

bezzaboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
daz when we were in my car on sunday with the boost down i reckon that was around the same as when i had my o3s you said then how quick the car was over yours mapped the car should be around 235-240 mark 255-260 ftlbs thats wot i got and you will have the same set up do it mate:lol:

helms

Console Race Car Driver
Jan 30, 2005
Basingstoke
Oh sh*te i didnt no that. i aint spoken to him in a bit, he was supposed to come out for me Bday but i 4got to tell him wot day we wer goin out..
Yeah im ok cheers bud, hows the wagon doin? havent seen it for a long time (although only really met u i think twice) lol

flashbsd

is this some kind of magic panel which moves out of the coin tray, which gives you a touch screen boost and timing adjuster? :D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise