ko3s shaft play vid

sparkie1984

sparky
Aug 17, 2008
how much play should they have realistically mikey? as im after a ko3s but dont wanna buy something thatll explode after a week :)

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
When I fitted my Forge TIP I checked to so if there was any play on the shaft and there was no movement what so ever :D

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
From the two K03s`s i`ve had id say about 1mm is the norm anymore and it would start catching the sides.

M87NER

MATNER
Mar 11, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent
my k03s used to touch the sides when pushed side to side.... never had any probs with it at all, also when the oil is surrounding the shaft and centrifugal force is in play its never going touch the sides...theoretically.... :)

sparkie1984

sparky
Aug 17, 2008
so... im a mechanical noob, if im gonna go look at a turbo what am i looking for that shows its cream crackered?

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Look for any cracks on the casing of the turbo itself. Then where the blades are, press the little knob looking thingee down and from side to side to see there is any play in the shaft. Like in the first video posted.

If been told that all turbos have cracks of some kind. Mine had a small on on the wastegate part but was told it was fine. Been on for two weeks today and it drives spot on.