ko3 question

emlyn11

Oct 28, 2008
Surrey
Hi

Just a quicky....

Will a ko3s turbo from an audi tt 2005 model be suitable on an ibiza cupra 20VT mk3?

Is this the same as the ko3s found in late model golf gti's?

Many thanks

Emlyn

emlyn11

Oct 28, 2008
Surrey
I don't have a part number, I have just noticed in the picture that the intake is straight though and the
cupra ko3 has a curve in it doesnt it? (on the cold side)

Thanks

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
thats a ko4 not a k03s, it will fit but its not a direct fit. i have this turbo on my car

emlyn11

Oct 28, 2008
Surrey
That clears that up then. Thanks bud.

If you dont mind me asking, what else is needed bar the manifold to fit a k04?

Thanks

Emlyn

emlyn11

Oct 28, 2008
Surrey
I must be a mug but I cant find what I'm looking for through search, Is there a thread with a list
of parts needed?

Thanks

emlyn11

Oct 28, 2008
Surrey
Yeah seen a few things on the hybrid alright. Would need to get a ko3s though and send it off I think.
Don't really like the sound of that. But the power gains look good :)

Emlyn

emlyn11

Oct 28, 2008
Surrey
Oh really, thats good. No brainer then if you can use a ko3.

Only expensive bit is the mapping then by the look of it apart from the hybrid treatment ofcourse.

Thanks bud

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
No worries mate, will be going down this route myself in time, should be well worth it, and by the time i do it, alot of other mk3 ibizas would have had it done, and the mapping will be even better, not that there is anything wrong with it now. But im sure the process will get more refined

cupra drew

full leather of course
May 28, 2008
cheshire/winsford
i am going down this route but am gona stay using revo stg 2 and just adjust the settings using an sps3 and lemmiwinks and see how it performs trying to keep the cost down lol

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Dont think i would trust myself to take a gamble like that with my own car. Surley its worth waiting and saving up to get it mapped properly by a professional?

cupra drew

full leather of course
May 28, 2008
cheshire/winsford
well ive got added timing with lemmiwinks nw and it made a big difference on the stage 2 so with enuf logging and testing i mite be saving myself a nice bit ov cash it mite not be as good as a custom map but if its only 10-15 bhp down on a custom map i can live with that for the money i would save

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.