Ko3 & Ko4

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
Hi chaps, I was out in my LCR last night, and I had to put both windows down to help demist windscreen etc etc. I noticed that the KO4 turbos in LCR's are alot quieter that the KO3 found in Leon Cupra's, why is that?

cuprablue

Nov 12, 2006
I would guess that it might be something to do with the diameter of the turbo. I believe the LC turbo is smaller than on the LCR. Probably similar to when you have a smaller fan on a computer. Because they have to run faster to get the same air flow than a larger fan they make a lot more noise. I suspect a smaller turbo will be flowing air quicker than a larger turbo ( that doesn't mean it's flowing more air however) and this may lead to a louder whistling sound.

I could be completely wrong though.

cuprablue

gazjones

when ive listend to the lcr's on rolling roads they always whistle loads i thought compaired to the ko3s ones these are mapped ones though not standard!

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
you can really hear mine spooling up, but i've got the ramair filter with the cold air feed removed and a forge TIP on mine......... the forge 007p valve sounds spot on too!

gazjones

is the ko4 silernced as some ko3s' arnt so that might also be another reason why you can notice a difference

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise