ko3 hybrid

cupra-neil

Gone but not forgotten
Aug 3, 2003
liphook hampshire
Visit site
Ive had a stage 3 ko3 hybrid done, but im a little concerned about the noise its making. On hard acceleration sounds like the engine is missing but its not miss firing no fault codes or engine management lights, been told its just sound of the air filter which is a open jetex one but i dont think so. Its sort of a mix between the 2 very strange and i cant seem to get to the bottom of it, one thing i know is, it didnt do it before i had the stage 3 done.

People say they know there car and what sounds it makes, im worried something may break, Just woundering if anyone can shed any light on this with there ko3 hybrid conversions.

Anyone?

Neil

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
All i hear from mine is the immense spool, and a pretty loud turbo whistle, does it feel like the car is missing?

daves ibiza

im goin down this road so dont put me off lol. what sort of power you make guys

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Dunno yet, still to get mine RR`d, airflow figures point to mid 280`s but there not 100% accurate. Im also running WMI on mine.

daves ibiza

glad your on mate . what map did you have with your hybrid mate stage 2/3 as im calculating my figures lol awesome car mate

cupra-neil

Gone but not forgotten
Aug 3, 2003
liphook hampshire
Visit site
Can you get a vid/sound clip of the noise mate?

ill try and do one,

One way i can discribe it is a low thumping sound, its very strange, i can here the turbo spoil up but i wouldnt say its a huge improvement over what it was, been told that it should be running high 280 figures but im not convinced yet.

benny- whats it like with wmi? because im really thinking about this now to finshes it off and get it all running right!

Neil

Last edited:

daves ibiza

thats al right figures could you get a little for out of these hybrids many thanks .

hope you get it sorted mate

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Spec:

K04 turbo with Hi flow K04 compressor wheel, cnc machined compressor housing , large
trim K04 turbine wheel, lightening of turbine wheel for faster ‘spool up’, cnc modified
turbine housing, ported wastegate, uprated turbine seals. Other ‘blueprinting’
modifications. 12 psi Uprated actuator. Rated to APPROX 280-300 BHP

cupra-neil

Gone but not forgotten
Aug 3, 2003
liphook hampshire
Visit site
Spec:

K04 turbo with Hi flow K04 compressor wheel, cnc machined compressor housing , large
trim K04 turbine wheel, lightening of turbine wheel for faster ‘spool up’, cnc modified
turbine housing, ported wastegate, uprated turbine seals. Other ‘blueprinting’
modifications. 12 psi Uprated actuator. Rated to APPROX 280-300 BHP

Cheers Robbie thought you would know.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.