K1 & Sand's Compatibility

storm_bay

My car is parked 3 days a week near the sea, so for about 30 hours a week it is battered by sand and I get to finish work and come out to a sand dune!

Just wondering if all the sand could do any damage to my car or the turbo etc?

When I drove off this evening I heard lots of scraping for a few seconds, almost as if my breaks were stuck on, it happened a couple of weeks ago too.

When its windy it's like a sandstorm, just a bit worried about it as there is nowhere to park nearby that is sheltered. Any advice would be great. Thank you :)

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
My car is parked 3 days a week near the sea, so for about 30 hours a week it is battered by sand and I get to finish work and come out to a sand dune!

Just wondering if all the sand could do any damage to my car or the turbo etc?

When I drove off this evening I heard lots of scraping for a few seconds, almost as if my breaks were stuck on, it happened a couple of weeks ago too.

When its windy it's like a sandstorm, just a bit worried about it as there is nowhere to park nearby that is sheltered. Any advice would be great. Thank you :)

if its how you are describing then your car is getting a light shot blast every day , at worst your paint will be slowly taken off at best your wax and polish will have gone.
it sounds like sand in your brakes or on the discs this will just add to the wear , i would be more worried about sand particles getting through the air filter tbh.

storm_bay

Its definately not a light blast, when I opened my door my seats got covered in sand, we've had gale force winds all day and the ledges along my windows are constantly full of sand, as is the bit where I put my fuel in, its like a little mountain!

Looks like I will be waxing my car sooner than I thought, and as regards to the air filter, this is another thing I was worried about but I don't know if there is anything I can do?

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
take it to a detailer to get a good wax or sealant applied to it and it will last you until next year :) not sure if it would dramatic adding a car cover over it? do you have an aftermarket filter or standard (the standard should be fine) I be more worried if it was a CAI (open air filter)

storm_bay

As far as I am aware, everything is standard, it was only owned by Seat before me so can't imagine them doing anything to it. I don't really want to use a car cover in a public car park lol, I did consider it though!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.