K&n

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
I have one. Seems fine. Was on the car when I got it. Not killed my maf or anything and sounds good. Not a massive filter but does a good job.

super_stylin

Oct 2, 2007
good to hear mate thats lifted me a bit. i work at toyota and a technician who has been here for years rates them highly!

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
Oiled filters only lead to maf failure if it has too much oil. When you get it if its already oiled then wash it and apply only a small amount of oil if any and if its not oiled then do the same.

super_stylin

Oct 2, 2007
yeah the technican at my work said if there is not too much oil dont worry, he told me to say everyones a mechanic!! lol

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
I think the reason its been said is because our MAF's are prone to go anyway....so why risk giving them a helping hand! :) I didnt get a K&N for this reason although it doesn't necessarily mean it will happen to you

super_stylin

Oct 2, 2007
yes exactly. they come un-oiled and come with a sachet of oil. what i think everyone does is dump the whole lot of oil on it which you shouldnt. is anyone in agreement that green and k&n are basically the same?

Smithy

Old School
Jan 17, 2002
Hertfordshire
yes exactly. they come un-oiled and come with a sachet of oil. what i think everyone does is dump the whole lot of oil on it which you shouldnt. is anyone in agreement that green and k&n are basically the same?

:yes: Cones are the same (abeit the colour)

my previous experience is that the Greens come with less fitting equip in the box, what's the fitment like that comes with each nowadays?