K&N Panel Filter on a 2.0 CR TDI?

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
I am quite limited when it comes to modifications as the car I will have will be on a lease but I am looking at changing the panel filter to an aftermarket for less resistance.

Are the K&N or similar ones (once on sale for the new 150 2.0 TDI in the Leon FR) suitable? As I have read somewhere about oiled filters damaging the MAF sensor on diesel engines.

Is there anything else I could do that can easily be changed back or removed when the car goes for servicing?

Are those 'Chip boxes' actually any use?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

scooter188

Jul 26, 2011
The tuning chips (boxes) do make a big difference performance wise depending what one you get

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
I am quite limited when it comes to modifications as the car I will have will be on a lease but I am looking at changing the panel filter to an aftermarket for less resistance.

Are the K&N or similar ones (once on sale for the new 150 2.0 TDI in the Leon FR) suitable? As I have read somewhere about oiled filters damaging the MAF sensor on diesel engines.

Is there anything else I could do that can easily be changed back or removed when the car goes for servicing?

Are those 'Chip boxes' actually any use?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Its been proven again and again that unless you're running silly power that the most efficient air filter for a tdi is - the standard paper one!

Tuning boxes are not my cup of tea but some people are fans of them.

scooter188

Jul 26, 2011
I have the crdt2 box for mine goes on turbo and fuel rail amazing increase never had any issues
I had the older style one which only went on fuel rail made a increase but wouldnt recommend the rail only ones personally

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise