K&N panel air filter

bluenose

Jul 22, 2002
north wales
Visit site
Got myself an auction stock clearance bargain. A brand new K&N panel air filter for £24.48 all in. :)
Fitted it at the weekend and what can I say but...wow!!!! The engine seems to pull better from low revs but the best bit has to be at the higher end. It is absolutely flying. :D
Never got this with a new standard paper air filter (even though you try to convince yourself you can feel the difference). Sounds a bit "raspier" too. :funk:
I know part numbers for these filters are a bit hit and miss, so I took a flyer with mine (the 33-2839). The website had said it was for a 2.0L 16v 150bhp and the dimensions were only a couple of mm larger in each direction than this forums recommendation (the 33-2649). It slotted in perfectly with no problems.
Definately one of my best buys so far.

bluenose

Jul 22, 2002
north wales
Visit site
I won the filter off Ebay (the only bidder).
I've just checked and there's another one for sale but with a Buy It Now price of £38.30 (+£4.49 p&p).
Looks like I was very lucky to win mine at a bargain price!!!!

Boi Ninja

16 valves of sweet shhhhh
Dec 23, 2005
Enfield, Shanktown
ahh man im really stuck between the two ...i had a k&n induction kit and didnt really have problems with it so i was gna stick with the k&n and ther tried n tested on the mk2's and everyones loving it. but the pipercross is a next mesh thingy seems more practical, whichevers cheaper thats what ill prob go for ...ive drilled the box just waiting for a good deal on the filters hehe.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.