k&n induction kit yes or no

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
no and yes
get a cold air feed from down near the front of the bumper.
modifying your existing airbox will give you the noise and still have the protection from heat.

cupra_mike

Ive just recently put a K&N kit on mine and im happy with the results! Did think of the modded airbox but i just had to get rid of that black beast! Fitted it aswell which was no problem at all!

ACH

Mar 7, 2005
Over there
If your just after some extra noise cut your existing airbox. Just trim out the section round the front bottom and inner wing. Put it back on the car and bingo loads of noise :)

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Performance wise its not going to make a vast difference unless your whole breathing system is improved meaning you would need a good sports exhaust on it too and you would still only gain 10-15bhp if its the noise your after a drill and the airbox is the best way to go imo.

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
10-15 brake on an 8v? not really, you might get one or two horsies and a few more lb/f, 8vs need back pressure to run optimally.

cupra_mike

87 bucks I got mine from but you cud get cheaper by a few quid if you shop around. Does make a difference aswell! :D

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
I got a pipercross that was on ebay was a month old but wheni got it the fixing pack hadnt been opend and it was in perfect condition and i got it for 27 pound all in and im quite impressed with it proformance and sound! Cheers!

WeeC

Aug 5, 2004
Glasgow
Ive got exhaust an induction kit and cant say notice any difference in peformance. Yes nice little noise but thats imo :D