K & N 57I Induction Kit

Cupra Paul

Hello All

Looking for a induction kit for my leon cupra

Has anyone got a K & N 57I or Pipercross PK 250 fitted?

Just wanting some feedback before i choose whitch one

Cupra Paul.

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
Depending on what Leon you have, I've got a K&N 57i fitted to my LCR 225 at the mo, had it for a few years now. I'm not impressed with it around town to be frank, it's sluggish, hesitant and laggy.

However, get it on the motorway and the speed at which it picks up is noticeably better than the standard airbox.

It sounds really nice too. I'm going to put the OEM box and performance panel filter back in soon, it's a lot smoother ride when pottering around town.

I think I paid about £80 for mine, had no problems with it, but had i known, i would have gone for a Jetex, a lot cheaper and I've never read a bad review of it.

Cupra Paul

I have got the 1.8T 180

Im only wantin to spend £100 like. Soo your not really a fan of the K & N then!

Jetex, ive also heard good things about them, think il check them out. Might even just go for the pipercross pk250, seen good feedback from them also.

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
The K&N is OK, but now I've got it i can swap it over whenever i like, only takes 5 minutes. My mate had a Pipercross on his old 1.4 MG-ZR years ago, was VERY loud, not heard one on a Leon. Also, i think your MAF is 70mm so you might need to make sure you have the right size opening on the cone.

This is the link to the Jetex. As i say, the MAF differs in size.

https://www.jetex.co.uk/jetex/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=6694

cupra_mike

Jan 30, 2011
standard box and filter. What is it your wanting to achieve? try smoothing out your box and got for green cotton filter or piper cross filter?

Cupra Paul

just wantin some to give it some sound, car is standard atm.

Whats your thoughts on Rip speed Universal Cones? halfords own anar, but could be ok haha

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
just wantin some to give it some sound, car is standard atm.

Whats your thoughts on Rip speed Universal Cones? halfords own anar, but could be ok haha

haha! Halfords! Personally i would stay away from anything to do with them, unless it's a radio or maintenance stuff like polish and stuff. Leave them to the Saxos with LED wiper jets and Corsa's with big bore exhausts and big subs in the boot...."coz they're cool."

Bloody boy racers, i hate them with a passion....GET A REAL CAR!!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise