Jabbasport induction kit - fitting troubles..

freddy_t

Feb 3, 2006
Started fitting my jabba induction kit yesterday and mid way through i encountered a problem.

It appears that the air inlet pipe which is connected to the maf is too short as its not allowing the heatshield to be bolted into place!

Just wondering if there was a piece of silicon hosing that I may require to allow the heat shield to turn and move into position? All that came with it was a jetex filter and jabbas shield.

Has anyone else had difficulty fitting these kits? Any help is always appreciated, thanks
fred.

btw I have spoken to jabba but they couldnt help at the time and dont really want to wait until monday to get it fixed. ta.

freddy_t

Feb 3, 2006
Brad, is there anychance you could take rough measurements of your heatshield? as jabba may have supplied the wrong one. thanks fred.

May 2, 2006
Heres Pics --

DSC00267.jpg

I think they might have sent you the wrong one, i didnt need to buy anything extra, plus my filters are JR

freddy_t

Feb 3, 2006
David yours has some silicon hosing! before the maf! Did that come with the kit? Mine obviously didnt, yeh i think JR filters stands for jetex racing, unsure tho?

Yeh i have already fitted it (to an extent) will try and get measurements tonite if i get time. shouldnt take you long to knock one up if your planning on making one.

fred.

May 2, 2006
thats my forge TIP, i fitted my jabba before i upgraded my TIP, should fit on standard TIP absolutly fine, no trouble at all, mine did

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
That indeed is what im planning, and it would be a hell of a lot easier if you could give me the measurements than me, trying to mock one up and work it out from that.

Would be v gretful if you could supply the measurements

Cheers Tom

May 2, 2006
if your on about the bit inbetween your maf and your TIP , then its 70mm diameter on a 45 degree bend, not too sure what it is your after the size off?

Last edited:

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
Cool, cheers mate, i can then maybe set about making one to see if i see any improvement with it.

If maybe you could draw a diagram and mark out the measurements that would be great!

Cheers Tom

sparkie1984

sparky
Aug 17, 2008
sorry to resurrect an old thread, i have an open filter with jr on the top of it, it also looks like the ones above, but theres no heat shield and its red hot after a drive.

can i buy the heatshield seperate do you know?

thanks
simon

stani540

Jan 21, 2007
you can buy heatshield direct form jabba just email them they quoted me something like 43 plus vat

sparkie1984

sparky
Aug 17, 2008
thanks mate! ill get onto it as its getting hot to the touch after a spin so cant be doing it much good surely?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.