• Guest would you be interested in CUPRA or SEAT valve caps? let us know in the poll

• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

iridium plugs

Holdup

Aug 28, 2009
Kent
Iridiums are just meant to last a little bit longer than standard plugs and NGK claim that in a 1.6 you gain something like 0.7s quicker acceleration at 20 - 60mph and an extra 2mpg.

Try your local auto parts centre for some, they should probably be able to get some in by the weekend if they dont stock them.

Holdup

Aug 28, 2009
Kent
Its just what NGK claim which is quite a bit, tbh even if you change standard plugs with standard plugs, you may notice a slight difference in accelleration, i have on my bikes and when i changed my plugs in my astra, but the only benefit with the irridium i would say is the lasting longer.

lee_woollett

Jan 19, 2009
northampton
a lot of rice burners seem to use iridium plugs over others. Don't know if they might give a stronger spark? especially at higher boost levels?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.