Instrument Panel Troubles

OzCordoba

Hi All,

I have recently bought a Cordoba GLX 1995 and it's a great runner!

One problem I have been having is the Instrument Panel, the Speedo, and Tacho work sometimes, but not others. All the other instruments work, just the Speedo and Tacho are very tempermental. Has anyone else experienced this trouble.

I have removed it and taken it to a speedo repair place, but they can't see anything wrong with it, but seem to think the circuit board is stuffed and that I should go out and buy a new one.

I can't see how the circuit board could be stuffed if other instruments work on the panel :confused: .

I don't want to have to go out and buy a whole panel, if it turns out there is a loose wire some where...

look forward to any responses you may have....

OzCordoba

1995 Cordoba GLX 1.8L

phil8vgti

Jun 18, 2004
WILTSHIRE
my cordy had the electronic type speedo which stopped working. I found it to be a broken wire on the sender unit on the gearbox.

milton

HI

I have the same problem and went and bought a hew electronic sender -- expensive and didn't fix the problem. Back to square one and following posts with other speedo issues to get a clue.

project c

hi guys had similar problem with speedo not working after changed clutch cable on my 96 diesel but just started working again a few days later any thoughts on that as rarther not have it happen again
thanks

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
They can die, but maybe check the signal coming in to the panel before you give up.

Swapping it for anothers not hard, MK3 Golfs and MK4 Polo's came with the same panel so you should be able to find a spare easy

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.