• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

inside edge of front tyres worn

Deleted member 16792

i have an 03 plate LCR

do i need to get the camber checked/adjusted or is this the normal way that they ware out?

what are the book settings? whats the best settings to get them set to?

:think:

vagobonds

My lcr used to wear on the out side put goodyear F1s on it and it stopped i run around 28psi of air in the tyres.

vagobonds

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
Classic problem when lowering a car (but the cause/solution's the same for standard cars too) and common misconception about what causes it

Camber, right enough is the angle of the wheel from upright - but unless you've done mega mileage on them, doesn't actually make much difference to how the tyres wear

If your tracking's out, the tyre effectively gets pushed at an angle along the road and this causes rapid, excessive wear on one edge ... typically the inside

Deleted member 16792

i am running goodyear ef1's, i also have another pair ready to go on, just trying to get the uneven waring sorted before i put the new tyres on.

i will have to get the tracking and camber looked at.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
A tracking check will find out what direction the wheels are pointing in... very crude description I know.

A full geometry check, while more expensive, checks tracking, toe, camber and all relevant aspects of the wheel geometry. Well worth paying out for IMO, as if you don't, you'll end up paying out in more tyre costs anyway!

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
When i had my LCR Lowered, i didnt do anything about the alignment, and as a result the inside tread of the GSD's wore away.

It needed a 4 wheel GEO Alignment, which was out, corrected and hopefully now all ok.

Deleted member 16792

cost of 40K sevice

my car is due, very soon for its 40 service.

its an 03 LCR amk engine

what kind of quotes should i be expecting to get?
its a fairly large service i think.

Deleted member 16792

^^ whoops, that was meant to be a new topic!
nevermind.

on the subject of 4 wheel aligment, what should expect to pay for that?

:)

cliveyp

LCR Abuser
Jan 11, 2006
Worcester
Almost sure to be a toe in/out problem. My last set of F1's only did about 5k. Found them to be somewhat scrubbed at the weekend......to beyond the thread layer........ The fitter was surprised that the air was still in them!! Serves me right for not looking over them properly!

Anyway, strapped the alignment clamps on there and it was toeing out quite significantly and was running slightly more negative camber than recommended. They've cleared the toe now to 0 deg, but we've decided to leave the camber (a bit of negative helps the straight line stability!! lol)

CHRIS200