ibiza rev counter

arnold j rimmer

hi

I just picked up my ibiza today and already i think it has a problem,

when the ignition is just switched on the rev counter goes mad for about 5 secs as if it is resetting, is this normal?

I also noticed it when i was stopped at a set of traffic lights, the needle jumped up and messed about a bit, and then settled as i drove off , a common prob or is mine just knackered?:(

thanks for any help

Last edited by a moderator:

sooty16v

long.
Jul 25, 2007
South London
Mine's doing the same...proper annoying! I can also feel the revs not dropping when taking my foot of the accelerator - weird!

Could be a number of things...but my best bet is the Throttle Body Housing. It needs a good cleaning out with carb cleaner. Going to try this on the weekend *fingers crossed*

arnold j rimmer

i think mine is nore electricial, the engine dosent actually rev when the rev counter is jumping about, thinking it just knackered.:(

valentin

if your engine is revvin that could be a stcking throttle cable, if not then itll be electric

DaveyQ

Had a vectra that did this, then the engine management light would come on, car would stall and refuse to start. Not the same but i would check the throttle body and give it a clean. Could resolve your issue

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.