Ibiza Mk2 Radiators

Kev_D

Sep 18, 2004
Hartlepool
www.nemm.co.uk
Im just wondering if its possible to get a bigger radiator or even an intercooler to fir in the 1.9 D Ibiza?! I'm just wondering thats all as im thinkin of getting mine changed as its been on the car since new and just wanted to see if i could get anything better in place.

Cheers for any help in advance :D

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
front panel has a few extra holes for larger rads on other models - look for 2*10mm bolt heads right in the top of the panel - should see the extras to give you an idea what bigger size you can use - 16v/tdi

intercooler only really helps a turbocharged model - to cool inlet air after turbo/pressure has heated it

yours turbo ? if it is - you already have one

what you want a bigger rad for can i ask ?

Kev_D

Sep 18, 2004
Hartlepool
www.nemm.co.uk
Right thanks for that mate, i'll have a look during the day tomorrow. I'm just looking at maybe doing a few little bits to the engine to get a little more out of it, i don't want anything ridiculous doing, just a few little things that will help it go a bit better. Any suggestions on what i could do that might be better as im not 100% on the tuning thing?! :confused:

hopkinsgm

Do-doo-be-do-do-dooo
May 25, 2001
Swindon (occasionally)
Visit site
Mk2 TDi's had an intercooler - it's why two of the holes are open but the rest are blocked off in the splitter attached under the front bumper on the facelifted cars. As for radiators... steady there, you're getting into a potential minefield. I found out after an unfortunate incident on the M4 last summer that there's three different types listed for '99 model 2.0 8v's with AGG engine code...

Kev_D

Sep 18, 2004
Hartlepool
www.nemm.co.uk
As for radiators... steady there, you're getting into a potential minefield. I found out after an unfortunate incident on the M4 last summer that there's three different types listed for '99 model 2.0 8v's with AGG engine code...

I think i might stay clear of that idea then :D sounds like a lot of hassle for not much gain!

hopkinsgm

Do-doo-be-do-do-dooo
May 25, 2001
Swindon (occasionally)
Visit site
Off topic (sorry folks) but...
Fl@pper said:
...as i hear ya still abroad dude ?...
Um, yeah, you could say that... Am out in Libya probably until sometime in April. Which is why my location is stated as "Swindon (occasionally)"... How's life? Finally Cupra Sported up I see?

TDISam

HoorayforCaptainSpaulding
Apr 21, 2005
Stourbridge
Kev_D said:
I think i might stay clear of that idea then :D sounds like a lot of hassle for not much gain!

Sod getting a bigger rad just get a tuning box for the bugger, just do a google search...

Kev_D

Sep 18, 2004
Hartlepool
www.nemm.co.uk
What about for non turbo diesels though all the tunings boxes seem aimed at the turbo diesel. Is there anything apart from nitrous i can do to get a bit more out of the engine?!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.