I have decided to take the plunge and get my Pd 150 revo'd

raymondbreen

Nov 24, 2003
moreton, cheshire
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Ive been lurking around for a while now and have booked in my 53 plate tdi 150 for the revo remap tommorow afternoon :D

After checking these forums most peps are recommending upgrading the air intake and the likes but I have been unable to find any clear idea of what to do.

Fortunately I have a good mate who owns a garage and he wont mind doing it for me , but i need to know what to order.

Any other perls of wisdom regarding revo in general(I am aware of the torque problems and not floor it around the 2k mark, especially in the high gears), unfortunately my dad drives it from time to time and is used to a petrol mondeo, so convincing him to change his driving habits will be difficult lol

wrc

May 1, 2005
TAMWORTH
nice one m8, i been toying with the idea aswell, finally got the courage to have mine done on monday.

Apr 2, 2004
Manchester
raymondbreen said:
Its the leon cupra mate, hence why I am a bit unsure of what to order, if its for the Ibiza.

Turns out I was doubled booked grrr :mad: so will be next friday when I take the plunge

Far more patient than me!!

When I decided I wanted Revo,I booked it in at my closest dealer (who's no longer listed on the Revo website). They messed me around for 2 days with excuses. Phoned another dealer, and their revo guy wasn't there that day, the guy on the phone sounded clueless. Then I called ADS in Preston, they asked when do I want it doing, I was almost screaming NOW by this point!! An hour and a half, later I had Revo. :D

raymondbreen

Nov 24, 2003
moreton, cheshire
Visit site
You aint too far from me then, I had it booked in with prosport in Stockport.

I was dissapointed and a bit miffed as I had spent around 45 mins getting there to find out the guy who was booked in 2 hours before me turned up late, so meant when I got there on time they were still doing his, so I had the choice to wait 3-4 hours for it to be done or reschedule.grr!!

Have you changed the filters or intakes etc etc?

Also how do you find it drives on the motorway as 95% of my driving is this, and i tend to stay typically in 6th to cruise and drop down to 4th to get performance when i want to overtake.

Roll on friday!

Apr 2, 2004
Manchester
Got a green cotton panel filter, but I've been back on the paper one for the last 5000+ miles, Green one needs cleaning, I can't be bothered getting a cleaner kit, as I don't notice any effect in car performance. Everything else performance wise on the car is standard, other than the 312mm front brakes.

Mine spends its life mainly on the motorways, the added torque means you wont have to change down as much, 5th and 6th pull pretty well. MPG's seem about the same, maybe a slight improvement, if I drive it nicely.

Took about 20 mins in total, then the guy from ADS (Dave?) got in the passenger seat, told me to give it some around the ring road, and made sure I was happy with it before I parted with my cash. Excellent service, was worth the trip.

Oct 12, 2005
Revo is a must its amazing. i had it done a few weeks ago and its amazing. I was on A1M today and a vauxhall calibra with chav body kit was up my arse at 80 mph to i pulled over and he tried to get past. I was getting away from him then i slowed down coz i was goin very fast n when we went passed he was bright red!!! Diesel power

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
raymondbreen said:
You aint too far from me then, I had it booked in with prosport in Stockport.

I was dissapointed and a bit miffed as I had spent around 45 mins getting there to find out the guy who was booked in 2 hours before me turned up late, so meant when I got there on time they were still doing his, so I had the choice to wait 3-4 hours for it to be done or reschedule.grr!!

Have you changed the filters or intakes etc etc?

Also how do you find it drives on the motorway as 95% of my driving is this, and i tend to stay typically in 6th to cruise and drop down to 4th to get performance when i want to overtake.

Roll on friday!

You could try Votex in Congleton,

raymondbreen

Nov 24, 2003
moreton, cheshire
Visit site
Ive gone for dubsport in Wigan, after searching on here good things have been said about them.. Next choice, is to get the sp1 port unit, to switch it off, as i am concerned that when my dad gets in it, he is going to cuase extra wear and tear on the clutch, with him coming from a petrol mondeo. What you think?

raymondbreen

Nov 24, 2003
moreton, cheshire
Visit site
Got it revo'd yesterday and its done around 50 miles or so, and the perfomance difference is definitely noticable.

From what ive came across, it would appear that it takes a few 100 miles for the changes to fully kick in, is that what anyone else has found?

Oct 12, 2005
:lol: yes deffo. Had mine revod and i was dissapointed in the first few miles but after 100 miles or so it was much much better

Tiny130

May 30, 2005
raymondbreen said:
Great. My only worry is about having to work around the enormous torque at 2-2.5k rpm. besides this issue I cant wait :)

yeah wait till 3k or you'll be spending £700 on an uprated clutch :cartman:

raymondbreen

Nov 24, 2003
moreton, cheshire
Visit site
Yea, this is my only worry with the upgrade. Most of my driving is cruising around 2-2.5k in 6th, with no heavy accelaration, just nice and easy.

There is only about 3-4 places on my daily commute to able to boot it, so hopefully I shouldnt suffer from any clutch issues.

Tiny130

May 30, 2005
Yeah it'll be ok, just try and keep it near 3k before you welly it, the slip I get always seems worse in 3rd between 2k - 3k dunno why :D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members