I have arrived

MrKripling

Well hello peeps

I am 27 and finally got myself a decent car 3 weeks ago after putting up with a 1.2 clio for 7 years, an 09 mk2 leon with only 36000 miles on the clock from J&J motors Carmarthenshire.

Happy days :) or so i thought,

2 weeks ago quite close to where i bought it, she broke down:( lost all revs and wouldn't move, accelerating just caused thick white smoke to pour out the exhaust, so they collected it and gave me a 1.0 fiat punto courtesy car :cry:

Turns out the EGR valve needed replacing, which they did for free so the next day picked her up and all's well again :) or so i thought,

Yesterday morning after a heavy nights rain i found my driver and passenger side windows half open and my seats soaked :confused: i know i didn't leave them open or that someone was playing a trick on me so popped round to my family's mechanic for a chat, he says its a known issue with the leons that water seeps through the door seals shorting the electronics causing them to play up! unbelievably just as he finished telling me that the alarm went off :lol:

So anyways taking her in monday so they can put her right, they all feel sorry for me as they say they've never sold a seat with so many problems, im trying to stay positive tho, im getting all new parts fitted at no extra cost :)

Ill let you all know the outcome when she is returned to me

Nice to be a part of the community :D

pinklady

Hi n welcome im also a noob lol

Ah that sucks just what you dont need when you have a new car and just want to drive it everywhere hope they manage to get it sorted for you.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

MrKripling

Yea thanks, just want her fixed asap really cos i love the car

GS16LRHP

Feb 17, 2014
Welcome to SCN. A few other members and myself included have had the problem with the windows opening during or after heavy rain. I'm not sure what the exact cause is, if the issue is related to the plug getting soaked with water or the actual lock that gets soaked with water which causes a short. The locks themselves seem to be sealed tightly so it might be the plug that gets soaked.

MrKripling

So got her back today :D

The dealers couldn't find an issue with the electronics so they sent the car to seat and they checked the door seals and connected there computers to the car and reset the cpu as they found something interfering with the immobilizer which was causing strange things to happen,

Anyways hopefully no more issues with the electrics.

They also found that a large pipe (i forget which one) had come loose and come off, so they reattached and with that and the cpu reset the car feels so much better to drive its awesome.

I also mentioned there was pretty bad condensation in the left headlight and the dealer has ordered me a new pair :) Also the guy said he was given a choice of 2 types and went for the black backing instead of the chrome ones to go with my dark alloys, which i was very pleased about :D

Oh yea, my alloys are 18'' gunmetal rs4's and they look quite special, ill upload a pic wen able.

cant wait to get my new headlights

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise