I give up with my Ibiza!

Em1

I've had my Ibiza from new (05 plate) and recently we've had a little bad luck with it!
First, a dodgy garage messed up the cam belt change:cry: -lots of pennies later, that's now sorted!
Next, off side suspension coil goes "twang" on a speed bump (luckily left the type intact:funk:)
And now!, the indicator stalk wont stay on when turning right! It works fine if turning left but I have to hold it on to turn right!

Does anyone how difficult a job it is to replace the stalk? I've seen that they can be bought but can't find any hints on how to replace one

:help:

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Yep, easy, just remove the trim around the steering wheel/key area, and the stalk is held in with clips or little screws (I can't remember) and an electrical connector.

Make sure you disconnect the battery first and don't forget your radio code for when you connect the battery back up.

Em1

Yep, easy, just remove the trim around the steering wheel/key area, and the stalk is held in with clips or little screws (I can't remember) and an electrical connector.

Make sure you disconnect the battery first and don't forget your radio code for when you connect the battery back up.

:clap: Thank you! You're a star!!

Will I have any problems with the airbag? Disconnecting the battery and all?

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
:clap: Thank you! You're a star!!

Will I have any problems with the airbag? Disconnecting the battery and all?

no, won't affect the airbag...if ever dealing with airbags you should always disconnect the battery, so in your case you would be going the right way around it :)