How much to get an amp and sub wired and fitted?

MaxIbizaCupra

Hey,
I recently bought a mk3 ibiza cupra and wanted to get my amp and sub wired and fitted. I've just been to get a quote to see how much it would cost and they said it would be £80 ex VAT. Does that sound particularly expensive?

Cheers
Max

dainott2105

mk1 Cupra and mk2 FR TDI
Nov 4, 2006
swansea
not really expensive id say, but £80 you could spend ona nice set of comonents if you fit it urself. ive always fitted my own sound as you know what the quality of the job was like and so easy to do. just get a mate who isnt going to snap every panel off and it will take u a few hours to do. I think people expect the wiring to be difficult but its so so easy and there are hundereds of guides to look at.
But suppose if you got nothing to do with the £80 then you aint got to get your hands dirty. Up to you mate

lard44

Watching C beams...
Apr 30, 2007
Braintree, Essex
£80 seems reasonable.

I couldn't be arsed playing with the panels and doors again so I bought the bullet and paid my local fitters.

But I light my cigars with £20 notes, so I'm biased.

Phil_beeza

May 15, 2007
it's cliched but if you have the time and some tools, i would say you win if you do it yourself.

the main things i found for the sub are:
1) routing the power from battery thro the bulkhead, left hand side of the car
2) routing the audio from behind the radio, finding a path for it just over the pedals and down the right hand side of the car

i had some time free, and i borrowed quite a few tools from work. i also had to be patient as i didn't get sound instantly as it took me a few days to collect the right tools for the job

AdamRoutley

Use The Force!!
Feb 22, 2007
Walsall
www.myspace.com
i always imagined this to be a hard job, as getting something from the engine bay to the boot via the headunit and out of sight seemed really hard, i got a friend to wire up my 106 couple of years back (he was an auto electrician)

he made it look so simple, its just the grounding the amp that i think would be the scary part (however minor that is) as your always guarenteed a spark (sometimes haha)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.